Forty years ago...

bitflipper

I went into the studio on May 18th 1980 to support my friend's first album. I haven't heard this since 1980. I played piano and the faux-flute (on a MicroMoog), and arranged the backing vocals. My pay for that session was a TEAC 3340-S.

BTW, that's my old Rickenbacker in the photo. I had just sold it to Lee for $400. He turned around and sold it the following week for $1200. What a dick. But still my best friend after all these years.

• Like 4

Talented. Nice recording too. Did you all do this in the buff? :DBedroom studio 3. The cover is  conceptually a concept in as far as I can conceive....uh. Never mind.

Admittedly I was around 40 years ago. Couldn't help thinking though , probably 50% or more of the people here weren't.

That was certainly decent music for almost 40 years ago ...heck 37 years ago I was humping a rake on the only MTV video I was ever  in  ...at least you got to play

You sell your friend a Rickenbacker and because of a little greed  on his part  he turned the Rickenbacker into a Dickenbacker...:/

Some friend ...actually that's how it was back then ....

I sold my 1960 Gibson 335 to a friend that owned a guitar shop for $1, 000.. in 1978 ..

A year later I get a phone call from a guitar player asking me if I thought my old 335 was worth $3.500.. I told him yeah I thought it was ...

( to this day I'm sorry I ever sold that guitar )

Last week I see and add for a similar 1960 335 dot marker w PAF's on a very reputable web site going for $38, 000.....

I don't even want to get into how many vintage guitars I have sold at market value in a market that was affordable only to find out that dozens of my Tele's and Strats from the past were now going for 5 digit numbers in a new over priced vintage market ......WWWwwaaaaaaa ...

Hey Dave , you got off easy w the Ric...those were always expensive guitars

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

17 hours ago, bitflipper said:

BTW, that's my old Rickenbacker in the photo. I had just sold it to Lee for $400. He turned around and sold it the following week for $1200. What a dick.

Isn't that just unfettered capitalism of which many Americans seem so very fond? He's not a dick, he's an American hero. 

usa-american-flag-waving-animated-gif-26

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

My bass sale "error" was selling a Roland TR 303 bassline for next to nothing which was the going rate. Within a year someone had invented a new genre of dance music and the prices went into the stratosphere.

Because I've not got a spare £1000 laying around, I have to make do with 303 emulations, which I use rather a lot ...

ACIEEEEED!!! :):):)

19 hours ago, craigb said:

Ai!  I can't find the rest of that album...  Even on his website he only talks about it, but doesn't have it up for sale either.  Any idea where it might be downloaded from?  I definitely have no use for vinyl...

The album only exists on vinyl. We've talked about digitizing and remastering it, but don't have the original masters. Plus the tapes wouldn't do me any good anyway without a deck capable of playing 1/2" 8-track tape.

However, I think I may still have a never-played copy of it in a closet somewhere, still in the shrinkwrap. We could probably pull a decent copy from it - if I had access to a really good turntable. Which I don't.

And yes, RBH, IIRC it was a CP-70 that belonged to the studio. They laughed when I brought in my Roland EP-30 and said here, try this instead.