APD Offer: FREE - AmpliTube SVX by IK Multimedia

Audio Plugin Deals

The last T-RackS update was to add Space Delay and some general improvements.  But if there are specifics, we add them.  For example the SampleTank 4 release notes are specific:

Fixed a memory issue that may lead to a crash with Limiter, Phonograph, and Rotary effects.

Fixed categories column potentially displaying wrong entries.

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I have enough to want tot do updates, but enough to NOT want to do updates and sort through them all. I've even resorted to creating a document so I can go down the entire T-Racks plugins in my DAW and check/uncheck the ones I don't have.

If someone has just a few plugins I can see how it can quickly become a tedious task. Shouldn't really be on the user.

• Like 4

Hey @Peter - IK Multimedia, not sure if IK want to rethink their one-line description of AmpliTube SVX on their website - it's probably just me, but when I first read Low-end gear collection for AmpliTube, I initially wondered why it was being described as inferior/entry-level software; then I realised it meant it was suitable for lower frequencies :)

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Piotr said:

interesting... seems they have changed their names...

previously BA500, now it seems to be SVX-500... Have they lost love from Ampeg ?

Anyway even after refreshing my gear I still have old names, not like on newest pictures

That's true! they erased the "Ampeg" from the Vst too. Maybe they lost the license.
It still sounds the same, that is the important thingy :)

• Like 2

Nice surprise,

Ain't gone thru the whole thing yet, but the overdrive stomp needs to go back to the design crew unless bit crush breakup is what you are after. Terrible.

Critical thing (for me) is the Octaver stomp. Don't know how many companies have done their best to inflict a lower octave tracker. All have ended up in mud and artifacts . Not that IK is immune to lingering problems, but a breath of fresh air as to where we are currently trying to get it right. Got to be the best so far.

Free download and worth every free penny of it. Thank you IK. Might get my Byrds 12 string together after all.

John

7 hours ago, chris.r said:

In T-racks suite there is a setting in menu to filter presets by owned modules. Not seeing anything like that in Amplitube.

Not only that,  but you can also use the components as individual plugins.   Of course they installed all of the plugins even ones you aren't registered to use,  but then it's easy enough to exclude them from your plugin menus.

• Like 1

Since I've never preferred the "rack within my rack" paradigm (perhaps someone will one day explain the advantage(s) of it), I've only ever used my T-Racks processors as regular plug-ins.

Weeding the unregistered demo plug-ins out of my VST3 folder is a chore that I have performed willingly because I've gotten so much top shelf processing from IK Multimedia for free over the years, but if I were more of a paying customer, it would start to bother me to have so much unusable software cluttering up my plug-in menus. It's fair to shovel some demos in with my freeware, but I can see where it would make for a negative user experience with some otherwise excellent software.

IK have certainly come through with some amazing processors. I'm usually a bit dismissive of the whole thing of plug-ins chasing after the sound, look, and feel of old rack hardware. Why should we, with all this computing power, constrain ourselves to what was possible with 1972 physical components? Give me one of my Meldaproduction compressors so I can make my track sing and breathe. But then IK Multimedia had to go and put a freebie of their Fairchild 670 emulation in some magazine, and I had to throw it on my drum bus just to see what the fuss was about. 😮😲😵

Nice compressor, that. Very nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

Since I've never preferred the "rack within my rack" paradigm (perhaps someone will one day explain the advantage(s) of it), I've only ever used my T-Racks processors as regular plug-ins.

I use both ways. I like to throw singles on my tracks as if they were like those typical rack gear in the studio. On master bus I often use suite for the serial/parallel chaining, it's very easy to experiment and exchange modules on the fly. There are some dope presets for many applications in it, some of them already my favorites that I only tweak a little to get the sound.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...