Addictive drum beats not lining up with measures in Cakewalk

Michael Guthrie

Hey guys,

Just getting started with using addictive drums in Cakewalk.  So I drag a beat from addictive drums into a Cakewalk midi track, set the output as Addictive drums 2 and it plays no problem.  The problem is that the clip doesn't line up with the measures in CW.  I've tried syncing the tempo in AD2 and not syncing.  Just to clarify, the tempo in AD is different than the tempo of the project.  I can hear the tempo change from the AD to DAW, so I know the tempo is changing to match the project, but, for example, a 1 measure clip is shorter than a full measure (visually) in CW.  It seems like it should line up.  It's hard to see, but it's definitely shorter than 1 measure.  

image.png.415b9a220f310e8db03e63bc7b7f1b73.png

When you drag a beat from AD2 to a project it will match the project’s tempo. However, as you've noticed the right edge of the MIDI clip might not extend to the end of the measure or beat. That doesn’t have any negative impact other than visually, but to make the clip visually match the grid you may just grab the right edge of the MIDI clip and drag it to wherever you want to have it. This will also make it easier to later make multiple copies of that clip elsewhere.

Also, you don’t seem to have vertical grid lines enabled. To see the grid better I would suggest that you from the Track View menu enable Display > Vertical Grid Lines > Behind Clips.

Edited by Canopus