AC DarkAqua 6.01 for 2021.04

Adam Compeau

Wow, you have really gone to town on this theme. It's a good one, I like dark themes. I've been putting together one of my own, a mod of Tungsten with turquoise/aqua accents.

Since it looks like you're wading into the deep waters of things like the virtual controller, and I didn't know where else to post this, over the years I start noticing when there are certain things that theme authors just never seem to touch, that always alike in every theme. So I used the sort of retro trapezoidal fader knobs because nobody else seems to have used them.

One of the dowdiest and hard-to-read (for me) dialogs because it's all shades of grey is the Add Track flyout, so I decided to make one for myself that was at least more legible and had some color to it, although @Colin Nicholls hasn't yet been able to suss out all the text colors. I finally got around to it and it makes things much cheerier:

937531236_AddTrack.jpg.7c5e577e135b57e3ed717114287ed7fe.jpg

The "Create" button is still dire, with its dismal spirit-crushing grey-on-grey motto snuffing my urge to create every time I press it, but I managed to put some color in the number of tracks, and the background at the bottom, and made the whole main window "none more" black, which since I couldn't change the text color, at least makes it legible.

I bet you could do something cool for your Dark Aqua, with a translucent blue-green band across the bottom and the theme text color in the number of tracks counter. You seem ambitious enough to maybe even work on the "Audio" and "Instrument" tabs at the top, but they each have 4 states.

Okay, Adam, I just looked over your posts in this forum and 10 days ago you had to have someone tell you how to download the Theme Editor.

Sorry, but you're not allowed to get this good in a week. I've been at this for over a year and a half and my buttons still look like someone ran over a jelly donut with their skateboard.

I think we have a Lord of the Sth here....

It's people like you who make it so that I'll probably never "release" a complete, finished theme of my own. By the time I'm 3/4 done slogging my way through it, one of you Sth Lords will drop a group of 3, one of which will be very close to the one I've been working on, except yours will have a custom graticule for the Quadcurve EQ or something.

• Haha 3

OK...my poor family!    I thought the transport Record button would be to hard to  change, (it has several different forms)  but it gave me not much trouble.

That gray was killing me!!!  now it is  aqua-ish when idle and red when pressed...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4xk17mex1qc4tb0/AC_DarkAqua_4.75.sth/file    4.75

AC Dark Aqua 4.75 Transport Record.png

AC Dark Aqua 4.75 Transport Record On.png

Edited by Adam Compeau
  • Like 1

Well, I'm glad I didn't get any further with what I was just working on. 🤣

Since I felt kind of silly about posting that image in your thread, I was going to touch up the Add Track box a bit, get rid of the magenta tick boxes, add some aqua to the tabs. I had just made enough progress with GIMP and gotten frustrated that I figured it was nap time in this heat.

So, check to see what these notifications are....yep, proves my point for me. Why bother even trying? Ladies and gentlemen, a star is born!

• Haha 1

I've used GIMP for  quite a while and now for Cakewalk I decided to give Paint,net a try since they recommended it...

A few things are different like Fuzzy select is now Magic wand and quite a few other differences.

But, it seems to be speeding things up for me a bit...

Magic Wand with Hue / Saturation has made several changes really fast!   Many items I have to paint, but when I can get the Hue  / Saturation to work, it is awesome!

• Great Idea 1

I'd like to point out here that Salieri was actually a great composer in his own right, there's no historical evidence that he and Mozart ever even met, much less that he was bitter enough about the younger man's superior talent to goad him into working himself into an early grave. That movie was total BS.

😂

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

OK...  Starship Krupa corrected the Collapsed Browser Icon Color and  Steve C  guided me to change the color of the Performance meters.  

I added dimming the bright active Disk Lamp as it was too bright in the performance  module.  I also smoothed out the Matrix Circles a bit...

Here is  Version 4.77    http://www.mediafire.com/file/honkrzqfx0zqhwz/AC_DarkAqua_4.77.sth/file

AC Dark Aqua 4.77 Perf Meters,  Disk Lamp and Collapsed Browser icon.png

Edited by Adam Compeau
  • Like 1

Starship Krupa is keeping me on my toes!    There was still room for improvement with Contrast.  

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oxsuogbujs8vwbw/AC_DarkAqua_4.80.sth/file    Download 4.8

I updated the entire tool module (Darker de-selected items and brighter but non-glow selected items)  - Easier to see the selection.

Snap button -  Darker de-selected and less green selected..

Loop Button - Darker/Brighter also...

Metronome Select Buttons - A little brighter selected...I already had the de-selected darker prior...

• Like 1

• Adam Compeau changed the title to AC DA 5.2 with New Knobs and Faders for 2020.04