Rewind feature like YouTube

Jim Kelly

Hey folks,

I've had version of Cakewalk since about 1999.  So 20 years.

One feature that I can't find is a feature that exists when watching videos on YouTube.

Watching a video on YouTube, once you click on the video itself (to put the browser's "focus" on the video) you can use the "back arrow" on your PC keyboard to rewind 5 seconds.

The video doesn't stop it just continues 5 seconds earlier.  And so on if you keep hitting the PC keyboard's "back arrow"

I use that all of the time when trying to learn songs on YouTube.

I find myself trying to do that by habit in Cakewalk.

Does such a feature exist?

I know hitting the space bar rewinds to where one starting playing the song.  Not talking about that.

I know there is a way to stop the playing of a song at the current moment Not talking about that.

I know you can hit hotkeys to go to markers.  Not talking about that.

I'm looking for the feature to rewind 5 seconds but the song continues to play like in YouTube.

If the feature does not exist can the fine guru's at BandLab PLEASE add it.

I think it would be a great "workflow" addition.

Thanks to all for your consideration to my post.

Jim

12 hours ago, Jim Kelly said:

Hey folks,

I've had version of Cakewalk since about 1999.  So 20 years.

One feature that I can't find is a feature that exists when watching videos on YouTube.

Watching a video on YouTube, once you click on the video itself (to put the browser's "focus" on the video) you can use the "back arrow" on your PC keyboard to rewind 5 seconds.

The video doesn't stop it just continues 5 seconds earlier.  And so on if you keep hitting the PC keyboard's "back arrow"

I use that all of the time when trying to learn songs on YouTube.

I find myself trying to do that by habit in Cakewalk.

Does such a feature exist?

I know hitting the space bar rewinds to where one starting playing the song.  Not talking about that.

I know there is a way to stop the playing of a song at the current moment Not talking about that.

I know you can hit hotkeys to go to markers.  Not talking about that.

I'm looking for the feature to rewind 5 seconds but the song continues to play like in YouTube.

If the feature does not exist can the fine guru's at BandLab PLEASE add it.

I think it would be a great "workflow" addition.

Thanks to all for your consideration to my post.

Jim

Select the large view of your transport module. It has a back to the beginning slider.

CW Large transport.jpg

• Thanks 1