Creating UI

Brian Sheen

Scan plug ins are all unchecked in preferences. I'd say its just been since the last couple updates. That being said I thought I'd try opening a project using Sonar Platinum and I get the same sort of "hang". It'll eventually open the project, but it can literally take 5 minutes. 

8 hours ago, Brian Sheen said:

Scan plug ins are all unchecked in preferences. I'd say its just been since the last couple updates. That being said I thought I'd try opening a project using Sonar Platinum and I get the same sort of "hang". It'll eventually open the project, but it can literally take 5 minutes. 

im sorry i dont know what can cause this hang..

On 8/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, tonemangler said:

By any chance was the synth rack or plugin browser undocked?  To me this issue sounds like there is some conflict with your graphics card.  Have you tried installing it's latest drivers?

I have installed the latest drivers. And now that you mention that, I am actually wondering if that's the issue. I got two cards I'm using for a  3 monitor setup. When I first set the cards up there was no issue. But I always get update notifications from Radeon, so I will run the updates. I'm wondering if I need to roll back to an earlier driver?

On 8/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, tonemangler said:

By any chance was the synth rack or plugin browser undocked?  To me this issue sounds like there is some conflict with your graphics card.  Have you tried installing it's latest drivers?

And no the synth rack and plugin browser were never undocked. I do undock the mixer, but the project loaded ok with mixer undocked and the syth rack and plugin browser not open.

• 1 year later...

Please see here:

I've been troubled by this problem for a long time.

The post tell that : When you open a project, cakewalk / sonar platinum will try to lookup some zip file outside the project and try to extract it. If you encounter a damaged zip file or a zip file that takes a long time to extract, you will always get stuck in the "creating UI".

Because of conclusion in topic above, I remember that I created a huge zip file at  "D:/mydata.zip" not long ago. Extracting it will take 20 minutes more.

And  I opened any project in cakewalk and hang at "creating UI" for 20 minutes or more time .

I removed the D:/mydata.zip and all projects were loaded successfully and faster!

But why was the Cakewalk even trying to unzip a zipfile that is not in the content directory or the project folder? 

It's likely that you've got a zip file that Windows can't "explore" in either the project directory, or the place you launched Cakewalk from (e.g. desktop).

The Media Browser is essentially a re-wrapped Windows Explorer component, and it's Windows Explorer that is trying to list the all the files, treating the zip file as if it was a folder.

Check out this thread -