Ian Miller

Question

Hi guys,

I've tried everything at this point but my cakewalk song keeps crashing everytime I hit play. At first the problem occured out of nowhere. Upon rebooting it said that I had missing plugins, which were included among the pre-loaded FX chain audio effects. Only some of these effects were on my tracks, so I removed them from my tracks: still results in a crash. After rebooting and redownloading 3 times, I stopped receiving missing plugin errors; however, cakewalk still crashes everytime I hit the play button. It should also be noted that a lot of the FX chain effects are now missing entirely, even with a fresh download of Cakewalk.

Other files seem to work when I load them, so I'm not sure how to fix this track. I tried copying the midi data and making a track template too. This also resulted in an unprompted crash. I have a mid-range PC that I built 3 years ago and can run all of the Adobe Suite no problem, so I doubt its a hardware error. 

I sent out an email to the support staff and haven't heard anything back.

I'm really bummed because this track was turning out really well and I want desperately to return to it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Ian Miller said:

Hi guys,

I've tried everything at this point but my cakewalk song keeps crashing everytime I hit play.

Is it possible to list all the things you have tried and your PC specs.

Have you checked your System Event logs for hardware errors (Disks particularly)

Windows fully patched? (Which OS?)
Latest CbB? (Which is 2020.8 build 100)
Vdist runtimes updated (I updated mine and is version C++ 2019 14.28.29115"
All plugins up to date?
All Drivers (Graphics and audio) up to date?

22 hours ago, Promidi said:

Is it possible to list all the things you have tried and your PC specs.

Have you checked your System Event logs for hardware errors (Disks particularly)

Windows fully patched? (Which OS?)
Latest CbB? (Which is 2020.8 build 100)
Vdist runtimes updated (I updated mine and is version C++ 2019 14.28.29115"
All plugins up to date?
All Drivers (Graphics and audio) up to date?

I tried listing updating cakewalk, I reinstalled it 3 times (once was a full reinstall that involved removing any data from my computer). I tried removing the plugins from the respective tracks. I tried remapping the plugins. I tried copying the midi data and track templates over to a blank project. Nothing worked.

I have a fully updated Windows 10 OS

Is CbB the current version of the Cakewalk DAW? In that case I have version 26.08.0.100 (that's what my control panel says)

I think my Vdist runtimes are up to date but I'll have to double check.

All the plugins should be up to date, especially the problematic ones, which came with the standard download of Cakewalk

I'll look through and see if my drivers need updating.

1 hour ago, Ian Miller said:

Is CbB the current version of the Cakewalk DAW? In that case I have version 26.08.0.100 (that's what my control panel says)

Yes, that is the latest version.

Don't forget to check your Windows system and application logs. If you're unsure how to do this, the you might want to get a professional IT person to take a look.