What's the difference between Melodyne 5 Editor & Studio

Frank DeFede

I upgraded to Melodyne 5 Editor.  While I was in the trial version I was able to click on several tracks and they would all appear at the same time.  Which was most useful as I could see a lead vocal, the 3rd harmony track, and the 5th harmony track all at the same time in the same window.  It was also useful if I had a vocal double as I could make the notes come together to the same exact pitch.

After I upgraded and ended the trail person, I can't find a way to bring up multiple tracks in the same window.  I don't know if I'm not doing something wrong now or if this feature of seeing multiple tracks was only available in Studio.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks 

Thanks so much for the information.  I guess I can upgrade again.  I really liked the feature of multi track in one window.  I don't see a path to upgrade from Studio 5.  The upgrade option is from Studios 4 for $150.  Do you know what it cost to upgrade to Studio 5 from Editor 5?

2 hours ago, Soundwise said:

With good performers even Essential gets little to no use. Just saying.

A friend of mine sent me tracks a few weeks ago of a song he was doing with a female singer. He wanted me to do the guitars on it. I listened and the woman had a very nice voice and sang very well. But hey, I have Melodyne I acquired recently and know how to use it, so I decided I could probably make her singing even better! Yeah! I loaded her track in Melodyne, looked at the gray rectangles, looked at all her orange blob notes. They all, without exception, where dead in the middle where they belonged. I picked up my jaw from the floor, closed Melodyne and went on composing the best guitar parts I could for it.

It was a pleasure through headphones to hear that voice as intimate as it could be for hours while I composed the guitars. Great experience. Strangely enough, because of confinement, I haven't even met the singer yet.

On the other hand, I do use Melodyne on my own band's male singers to help our recordings a bit. It does a great job there and is needed! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2020 at 3:40 PM, Jacques Boileau said:

A friend of mine sent me tracks a few weeks ago of a song he was doing with a female singer. He wanted me to do the guitars on it. I listened and the woman had a very nice voice and sang very well. But hey, I have Melodyne I acquired recently and know how to use it, so I decided I could probably make her singing even better! Yeah! I loaded her track in Melodyne, looked at the gray rectangles, looked at all her orange blob notes. They all, without exception, where dead in the middle where they belonged. I picked up my jaw from the floor, closed Melodyne and went on composing the best guitar parts I could for it.

It was a pleasure through headphones to hear that voice as intimate as it could be for hours while I composed the guitars. Great experience. Strangely enough, because of confinement, I haven't even met the singer yet.

On the other hand, I do use Melodyne on my own band's male singers to help our recordings a bit. It does a great job there and is needed! 🙂

She probably bought Melodyne also during last sale :)

• Haha 2

On 8/11/2020 at 7:36 AM, Frank DeFede said:

The upgrade option is from Studios 4 for $150.  Do you know what it cost to upgrade to Studio 5 from Editor 5?

Did you get it from Melodyne? I would write to support and explain what happened like you did to us and that you want to upgrade from 5 Editor to Studio. You never know until you try. What you got to loose?