lx25+ intagration

finally got lx25+ intagration working as its meant to.After setting up as instructed close CbB.Then enter setup menu and select usb port setup and set it to 2.Make sure it is saved.When you now run CbB DO NOT RUN PREFERENCES CONTROL SURFACE as this will reset the port.Hope this works as well as it does for me.

• 4 months later...

Dennis,

Which setup menu - on the LX25+? I don't see anything related to USB ports. What am I missing? It was working yesterday, now it's not. I shut down everything (PC, keyboards, etc.) last night. Fired them back up this morning, and the transport buttons don't work. I can play music with it, but no transport buttons, which was one of the reasons that I bought this keyboard - I need something portable to go with my laptop when I'm travelling.

Help!!!

George

Some USB keyboards require the use of a 2nd MIDI port for its on-board control surface to work. I don't have an LX25, but the comment from Dennis reminded me of a similar issue with the setup for the Roland A-300PRO that I have. It uses 1 port for the keys (music), and a 2nd port for the controls and transport, etc.

The keyboard setup probably offers the user some options for this mode. In any case, the keyboard setup needs to match the MIDI settings in CW.

Never mind - I have it working now. The output port in Cakewalk's MIDI=>Controller/Surface setting was set to None. Don't know how that happened, but setting to the LX25+ fixed it. I may have other issues with the channel volume controls, but haven't researched this on yet.

Thanks for your reply abacab - it got me thinking in the right direction.

George

Edited by George Nauman

12 hours ago, George Nauman said:

Never mind - I have it working now. The output port in Cakewalk's MIDI=>Controller/Surface setting was set to None. Don't know how that happened, but setting to the LX25+ fixed it. I may have other issues with the channel volume controls, but haven't researched this on yet.

Thanks for your reply abacab - it got me thinking in the right direction.

George

Glad you have it working!

Cheers!