Cakewalk by BandLab update not working

Veets

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Try uninstalling / re-installing BandLab assistant - and make sure your firewall isn't blocking it else it won't be able to download.

56 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

I have 2 Band Lab Assistant folders in the .....\Roaming\ sub folder, one is in upper case, the other lower case. The download was in the lower case folder.

Msmcleod: Did that. Says version is current.

John; Me too, but no installers to be found. Not even in a back-up.

No joy guys but much gratitude for your replies.

For the life of me, how hard is it to do what everyone else does? Have a downloadable installer available online besides BA.😠

Edited by Ron Benvenisti
Add frowny

• 9 months later...

Just start Windows Task Manager, stop all the Bandlab tasks.

Then start Bandlab Assistant, go to apps en press "Update" .   Now during the installation you see a progressing taskbar.

After the progression the installation/update is completed.

Edited by Janvz
correction

On 5/17/2021 at 1:08 PM, Janvz said:

Just start Windows Task Manager, stop all the Bandlab tasks.

Then start Bandlab Assistant, go to apps en press "Update" .   Now during the installation you see a progressing taskbar.

After the progression the installation/update is completed.

This is an eight month old thread, probably figured out by now.

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd share my thoughts and stopgap solution to the update problem:

Running the latest BandLab Assistant and clicking Update on Cakewalk just freezes.
Nothing happening, nothing downloading.

So what I did was:

1) Install BandLab Assistant on my laptop and logging in.
2)  Choosing to Install Cakewalk. Assistant then downloads the full installer package.
3) Copy the full installer package from the download path - %AppData%\Roaming\bandlab-assistant\Downloads to a USB stick
4) Cancel the installation of Cakewalk
5) Run the saved installer on my main system and allowing it to install over the existing installation.
6) Run Cakewalk and allow Bandlab Assistant to refresh the activation.

This way I can update my Cakewalk installation relatively smoothly. I wish BandLab would fix the updates.
Or publish the URL for the full/update installers so they can be downloaded outside BandLab Assistant when needed.

Edited by Krister Norrman

On 5/17/2021 at 2:15 PM, gustabo said:

This is an eight month old thread, probably figured out by now. 

2 hours ago, Krister Norrman said:

I wish BandLab would fix the updates.

In fact there are a number of more recent posts / threads that address this. For example, see the link michheld posted (immediately above). 

For me, the built-in update  has worked for a while.  Menu Bar > Help > Check for Updates

image.png.9bba439177b71e86fa3d4ea569650563.png

I see that some of my old posts are in this thread.  Since they have been superseded, I will edit have edited them so that others don't think that what was true in 2020 is still valid.   

Edited by User 905133
last sentenced change from future tense

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone.

I also had same issue.

After many attempts i finally managed to update my CbB.

I uninstalled  bandlab assistant then I have found an older version of bandlab assistant, installed it and from there  the update finally could be downloaded.

If this will not work for you, then before updating CbB from older assistant go to your firewall settings and allow Bandlab and Cakewalk go through your firewall then disable any anti virus software that is running  (dont forget to switch it back ON after you download the update!)

Good luck!

Edited by Wojtek Stecyszyn

1 hour ago, Wojtek Stecyszyn said:

Hi everyone.

I also had same issue.

After many attempts i finally managed to update my CbB.

I uninstalled  Bandlab assistan thenI have found an older version od bandlab assistant, installed it and from there  the update finally could be downloaded.

If this will not work for you, then before updating CbB from older assistant go to your firewall settings and allow Bandlab and Cakewalk go thru your firewall then disable any anty virus software that is running  (dont forget to switch it back ON after you download the update!)

Good luck!

For over a year, it has not been necessary to use BandLab Assistant for CbB updates.

11 minutes ago, scook said:

For over a year, it has not been necessary to use BandLab Assistant for CbB updates.

Yes, that is truly a great  that we can skip Bandlab assistant. But still for those (like me) who cannot for some reason update from Cakewalks Help menu (as it only goes to an error:  "could not check for updates please try again later") there is a way around - through bandlab assistant ;) 

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue here, but slightly different. I once tried out Cakewalk, the installation process went smoothly, no issues whatsoever. But because I didn't properly listen to YouTube tutorials, I saw Cake's UI as confusing, so I uninstalled it (including the BL Assistant), and opted for FL Studio Trial Version. A few days later I decided to give this DAW another try because I have no chance of getting FL Studio because of how expensive it is. I downloaded the Assistant, clicked on "Apps", and saw that Cakewalk didn't have the "Install" button, but a button that says "Update". I didn't mind it at first so I clicked it anyways. Time has passed, and nothing happened. It's still stuck at "Downloading... 0/0", I did every fix from this thread, nothing happened. I hope someone can help me, and sorry you had to read that unnecessary story, but it was for context.

16 hours ago, Stilwuf said:

I have the same issue here, but slightly different. I once tried out Cakewalk, the installation process went smoothly, no issues whatsoever. But because I didn't properly listen to YouTube tutorials, I saw Cake's UI as confusing, so I uninstalled it (including the BL Assistant), and opted for FL Studio Trial Version. A few days later I decided to give this DAW another try because I have no chance of getting FL Studio because of how expensive it is. I downloaded the Assistant, clicked on "Apps", and saw that Cakewalk didn't have the "Install" button, but a button that says "Update". I didn't mind it at first so I clicked it anyways. Time has passed, and nothing happened. It's still stuck at "Downloading... 0/0", I did every fix from this thread, nothing happened. I hope someone can help me, and sorry you had to read that unnecessary story, but it was for context.

Alternately reinstall from the separate downloader installer without BA:

• Like 1