FL Studio as a VST inside your DAW!

Hillmy

Apparently Reason 11 wasn't the first to try this out. 😛

I just found out that FL Studio can function as a VST inside any DAW! I am thinking they probably were the first, if not MPC. The difference with MPC is that FL Studio is a full DAW. Reason 11 as a VST is just the Reason Rack. I am guessing FL Studio runs as a full DAW as a VST just like MPC. Has anyone tried using FL Studio as a VST in Cakewalk?

I got Reason 11 (the standard full version) because I loved all the instruments and the capability to use midi out and have any instrument or effect control any VST I have already loaded in Cakewalk. I basically get all the cool stuff I like from the Reason Rack to run in Cakewalk. I prefer the interface and ease of use I have using Cakewalk than I do with Reason DAW, so this way i get the best of both worlds!

What I really want to know is if there are any worthy instruments in FL Studio that I cant get as a separate VST? Also if I could get every instrument as a separate VST, would buying FL Studio be a better deal than buying separate plugins? 

The whole idea of running FL Studio in Cakewalk has me very excited, lol! I may not need it at all and it would probably be overkill having both Reason Rack AND FL Studio as a VST in Cakewalk, but the idea is very tempting and cool, haha! I just wonder if there would be any overlap or would I be getting anything unique that I don't have in either Cakewalk or Reason 11. Plus I already have a lot of synths and effects already. But if money wasn't an issue, would it still be worth it? 😛  

I would not just buy FL for instruments. I would get Kontakt some sounds and Stylus RMX for other sounds, or Omnisphere for a MEGA load of sounds.  I just have the middle version of FL and don't use it for the Synths. The higher end version FL has a lot of Synths.  What kind of sounds were you looking for?

• Like 1

I was just curious to see if it is worth it to get just like the Reason Rack plugin. But after further research, doesn't seem like much. I think I already have enough sounds and instruments so far. And it looks like between Cakewalk, Reason 11, and MPC2. I think I am set for DAW functionality. As for instruments(I have so many these are just a few); the ones in Reason Rack Standard edition, IK SampleTank SE, Falcon 2, Pigments 2, Synthmaster 2, Steven Slate Drums, VI Labs True Keys Pianos, Ample Sound acoustic and electric guitars. Plus a ton of samples I already have from Cymatics and Ultimate RMX 30K bundle, so I think I am set for sounds as well.

I guess I was just entertaining the idea and getting overly excited about running a DAW within another DAW (although I already had that somewhat with Reason Rack plugin and MPC). It wasn't something I thought I needed. I was just wondering if there would be any use getting it compared to just buying another synth. Not that I will actually throw money at it that I don't have just for the cool thought of "oh cool! a DAW within another DAW! DAW-ception!" LOL! That would probably be cool for like 5 minutes then I will regret spending my money and time. 😛

Sounds like you got a nice collection of stuff going on!!  The only thing I can say about FL Studio is that it is fun playing with the loops and beats and trying stuff out.  This can also be done in Matrix (built into cakewalk) as well. You CAN do crazy stuff like un like the 2 then set FL for 3/4 and have Cake @4/4. Or even stranger combos. I don't think you can do this with Matrix.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

Sounds like you got a nice collection of stuff going on!!  The only thing I can say about FL Studio is that it is fun playing with the loops and beats and trying stuff out.  This can also be done in Matrix (built into cakewalk) as well. You CAN do crazy stuff like un like the 2 then set FL for 3/4 and have Cake @4/4. Or even stranger combos. I don't think you can do this with Matrix.

I may try FL in the future when cost isn't an issue and I am making too much money, lol. It does seem cool for the stuff you mentioned. Until then, I need to learn all the stuff I have now since I literally just got everything only a few months ago! 

• Like 1