Need to add a measure in the front of a song.

Max Arwood

I searched and could not find it. 

I select all tracks and all buses. Slide 1 measure .  The tracks and envelopes slide just fine.  The buses did not even though they were selected.  I have a ton of bus automation. Very hard to rebuild.  I tried to select All the buses again and use cut special .  Then I tried to use paste special.  When I did nothing was pasted. Then when I did the undo from the cut automation nothing ever came back from it.

Please help - Thanks,

Max Arwood

Go to the beginning of the project. Pressing 'w' will do that. Then go to Project>Insert Time/Measure and select all the options you want to use.

From the Reference Guide:

Inserting time or measures into a project
The Project > Insert Time/Measures command lets you insert any number of blank measures, ticks, seconds, or frames into a
project. You can insert the blank measures (or other period of time) into all tracks or into one or more selected tracks. If you insert the
blank time into the entire project, all events in each track—markers, meter and key settings, and tempo changes—are shifted
automatically by default. If you insert the blank time into one or more selected tracks, only the events in those tracks are shifted by
default. You can always choose which types of events should be shifted

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

You can do the Project | Insert method, or turn on Ripple Edit All and drag everything over by a measure. Both equally valid.

image.png

Isn't this a nice case where you could use Arranger track? Selected the whole song, allocate it to one section and move that section one measure?

• Like 1