Modified Dark Aqua Theme updated for 2020.04

Adam Compeau

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jbzjzcpkotymzup/AC_DarkAqua.sth/file

Besides the standard 220.04 changes required...

Contrast added to the on and off state of many buttons that were very  ambiguous as to being off or on.

Clarity added to several items that were blurry including the docking icons.

Incorporated the Darker Pro Channel

Used M- New Gen Note Duration icons for Piano Roll, etc. [ I absolutely LOVE all of the tasteful shadowing in the New Gen Theme!]

It's a good start

One of the challenging things with themes is working with all the views and elements that are not part of your workflow.

Looks like the PRV, audiosnap pallette and the maxtrix view are not consistent with the rest of the theme.

The interleave and phase buttons on the tracks amd buses in the Track view need work too.

May want to update the properties page for the theme. It is an option on the theme editor menu.

It's funny, I opened up every view but that one it appears, however even looking at it, I would not really know what to do with it, except copy from M-New Gen that is at least a little darker?  Most of the elements have something internally that is similiar I can copy from.  This one looks a little more complicated... Thanks!

I did update a few more of my contrast finds in as posted in my new post.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g7q3wonsdohp1wq/AC_DarkAqua_3.sth/file

oops, this is that post!

Edited by Adam Compeau

I've updated many things from PRV to  Audio Snap Pallette and then this deeper than expeted Matrix View....

It looks like I am modifying more than some, but I fore sure like the dark brushed metal cells!  🙂

I need to hang out with the family before I am disowned...I'll be back on it tomorrow!  Lol

Matrix View.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam Compeau said:

I've updated many things from PRV to  Audio Snap Pallette and then this deeper than expeted Matrix View....

It looks like I am modifying more than some, but I fore sure like the dark brushed metal cells!  🙂

I need to hang out with the family before I am disowned...I'll be back on it tomorrow!  Lol

You are making excellent progress teaching yourself Theme editing!!  Definitely don't neglect the family!!!!!  

Looking at the Matrix View, if I can keep my colors for other views (which I suspect is very possible), I might want to borrow some of your choices!

• Like 1

That kind of gives it a cool almost 3d effect.  It also moves things away from the brown parts in a nice way.

I LOVE the large Multi Doc bar with its shadowed darker look.

I like the other bars and frames but would personally maybe like them a little darker or if possible shadowed like the Multi Doc Bar.

I am still working on Notation window and a few others to get the fine details together.

I hope you can add this as a variation when I'm done.

Very Cool!

Edited by Adam Compeau

35953676_StaffView.png.5b81b984d3078b2828e5e9560e3690f1.png

You would never think  something like the Staff View screen would be such  a challenge to modify, but man oh man, a lot of manual drawing on some items!!

Going from orange to green is not so clean all the time...

So, this is one of the several views I am working on and will continue for the next few days and hopefully get done.

I will then hopefully experiment with the very cool coloring that Steve C worked on!!!

I will likely have to go back to my previous days edits and see if I made any important omissions along the way.

I am more getting the drift on how to update an entire row of items even if I do not see that all of them get used...

PS. I know the note duration    icons are not flat as would suit the theme more accurately..I may update them to flat latter, but they are cool...

Theme Editor Staff.png

Edited by Adam Compeau

• Adam Compeau changed the title to Modified Dark Aqua Theme updated for 2020.04