Problems with Cakewalk and my AI

James See

This is probably the wrong section for this question but I know someone will move it if necessary.

I am having a problem with Cakewalk and my audio interface Komplete Audio 6.   For some reason Cakewalk will only recognise left channel outputs from my AI using the ASIO drivers and I can not get any audio output at all. I have attached three screen prints so you can see what's going on.

If you look at the WASAPI selection screen print you will see what would normally appear in my outputs with the ASIO drivers. The ASIO selection screen print will show you what I am currently getting. I tried re-installing the ASIO driver set but nothing changed.

I do have a DAC output that uses the WASAPI drivers and I can get audio output no problem.

This just started happening  a couple of days ago and I haven't made any changes that I am aware of. I just don't understand what could be wrong. 

Has anybody seen any thing like this? Any input would be appreciated

Asio selection.jpg

ASio settings.jpg

WASAPI selection.jpg

The ASIO device names are supplied by the driver.

I have never seen names exactly like the ones in the image but have seen quite a few that list only the odd numbered channels.

By default, the input and outputs listed in preferences are stereo pairs.

It appears the even numbered channels are not part of the name supplied to the DAW.

Check the input drop down of a audio track. There should be a left, right and stereo option for each item listed in the audio device input preferences.

Thanks so much for responding.  So there are a few interesting things here.  This issue began last Thursday. Before that, the available output list looked just like the one you can see on the WASAPI screen shot. If the drivers are now sending different names, there must be a reason. I have replaced the ASIO drivers but that didn't help.  Also worth mentioning is that I can get no audio through the headphone output of my AI at all.  I can get audio from the SP/DIF out put but only the left channel.  Just to cover all the bases, I uninstalled and re-installed Cakewalk.

Edited by James See