Edirol Orchestral Crashes

Frogsap

Hello! I hope I'm posting this in the right place :)

I recently started using cakewalk, and so far all of the libraries I have used have run smoothly or without any major issues, but when I try using the Edirol Orchestral library the programme crashes. I am (and I cannot stress this enough) an absolute noob when it comes to tech stuff, so I have had a real hard time making head or tails out of what could be causing this. Just FYI, I have an HP Omen 25L, 16GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Graphics card, Ryzen 7 processor (if that is relevant), running on windows 10, and the daw + all libraries are in an SSD folder. Also, I don't get any notifications before crashes, the only thing that happens is that one by one the instruments of the Edirol library which are loaded into tracks will start going silent/will not play any sound (even the already recorded ones). Maybe this has something to do with the fact that it's a 32-bit daw? I really hope someone could help, since this is a really neat library for some retro fantasy sounding music. :D  

Cakewalk for Bandlab is 64 bit. It won't even run on a 32 bit Windows installation. If your Eiderol plugin is 32 bit it has to be in a sub-directory of C:\Program Files (x86). If Eiderol doesn't install to its own directory then C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\VstPlugins is a good location.

Are you using a dedicated audio interface or the onboard audio in your computer?

• Like 1

PCs with 16GB of RAM typically come installed with a 64bit OS.

There is no requirement to install 32bit software in a particular folder.

Have not seen much discussion about the Edirol Orchestral library in years.

IIRC, it has not been available for purchase in over a decade.

Might be time to retire the plug-in and look for a manufacturer supported 64bit replacement.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chappel said:

Cakewalk for Bandlab is 64 bit. It won't even run on a 32 bit Windows installation. If your Eiderol plugin is 32 bit it has to be in a sub-directory of C:\Program Files (x86). If Eiderol doesn't install to its own directory then C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\VstPlugins is a good location.

Are you using a dedicated audio interface or the onboard audio in your computer?

Hello! Thanks for the response :)

I think I have the onboard audio. You mean, the built-in sound card? When I open the sound control panel I see both "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" and "Realtek(R) Audio". The NVIDIA one is disabled, because it wasn't working with cakewalk for some reason, so I'm using the Realtek one. I'm plugged into a speaker with just a normal audio cable. But this is literally the only plugin giving me problems.  Also, I have used other 32-bit plugins which have not given me any problems at all (VSCO for example). 

I'll try re-installing it into that directory though, and see if it works. Thanks!

d.PNG

18 hours ago, scook said:

PCs with 16GB of RAM typically come installed with a 64bit OS.

There is no requirement to install 32bit software in a particular folder.

Have not seen much discussion about the Edirol Orchestral library in years.

IIRC, it has not been available for purchase in over a decade.

Might be time to retire the plug-in and look for a manufacturer supported 64bit replacement.

Hey, thank you for replying :)

I understand that my system is 64-bit, but what is curious is that I've had no issue with other plugins of the 32-bit kind. Also, I forgot to mention that I had this exact same problem on my laptop, which is 8GB RAM and also 64-bit, but also did run 32-bit plugins other than Edirol. It is a shame, really, because Edirol is a free vst now and is pretty great for making retro fantasy music, so I would like to use it for that purpose. :P 

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Maybe its Edirol?  I have never been able to get my Edirol VSC to work under Windows 10, but it still works under XP.  

Hmm, perhaps :/ But I'll try again and see if it works under the new directory, otherwise just gonna give up :( 

13 minutes ago, scook said:

I have never read where Roland gave away this plug-in. Do you have a link for this?

There are cracked versions of the plug-in on the internet.

That might be the case then haha

It was quite a while back so I don't remember exactly where I got word of this, but I suspect it was a guy on youtube doing a review of this library and he had a link under his video for the download of the library. Most likely cracked. I'll see if I can find it. 

EDIT:

I think I got it from here, and yeah, it's cracked haha 

[link removed]

• scook locked this topic