Weird Humming Sound after I Export My Project into an Audio File

azabache1993

Question

Hello. Recently I've countered a strange problem that was never an issue before. I made a song and then exported it, but in the exported file  there is a strange humming in the background. It's very consistent and low in volume. It truly ruins my song. Let it be known that I've recently upgraded to the new version of Cakewalk, however, the humming sound is not present when the song is played in the DAW, it is ONLY AUDIBLE WHEN I EXPORT THE SONG. That's about all I can think about. Other than that, I don't think I've done anything to cause this issue. I hope anyone can help me out with this. Thank you.

5 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Chappel said:

Are you using a dedicated audio interface or the onboard audio in your computer? If you're using an interface, which one? The more information you can provide about your system the better.

Oh, hey, thank you for commenting. No, not at all. Don't have any of those things. I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I kinda don't know nothing about that stuff. I use ASIO4All thingie from FL Studio, but that has been working really well since I installed it. I'm sorry, I really don't know what could've caused this whole humming sound thing.

The onboard audio that comes with computers isn't best suited for using the kinds of plugins and synths we use in Cakewalk. If you aren't using a separate audio device then you are using the onboard audio in your computer. I don't know if that's your problem but I do recommend getting an ASIO capable audio interface (most are USB) and ditching the ASIO4All. I have read many things about ASIO4All over the years and none of it was good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How are you exporting your audio, and exactly how are you playing it back and hearing it? 

Exporting digital audio as a digital file should not introduce any extraneous noise, and since it does not involve the audio interface at all, what audio interface you are using  should not be related to the problem. How you play back the digital audio could very well be the source of a buzz or hum, which is more often due to electrical noise than to digital artifact. Do you know 60 cycle hum when you hear it?

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem.  I have the hum in the exported file whether I'm using the onboard Realtek sound card or using my Zoom H8 as an external sound card.  The hum is at exactly the same level regardless of which sound card I'm using.  I've also tried this on two separate computers with the same frustrating results.  There is absolutely no noise when listening to the track in Cakewalk.  I'm trying to put a project to bed and this problem is like hitting a brick wall!    Please help!!!