Latest update install stuck

tdehan

I just received a pop up notice when I launched Cakewalk this morning up an update.  I clicked on update which opened BandLab assistant.  I selected Apps / Update.  It has been flashing INSTALLING for the past hour.  This is happening on both of my computers.  What's going on with the update?

Ok, looks like it is working now.  I reinstalled BandLab Assistant and performed the update again and this time it worked on both computers.  However,.....

Now when I open a MIDI file I am getting the following error:

Capture.PNG.2ead56ff81d02a137b8db35654973c01.PNG

I'm still stuck at not being able to even open Bandlab assistant.  Have been as far as seeing the "Intalling..." fade in and out when it does open.  Have repaired the Microsoft C++ items in programs.  Have uninstalled and re - downloaded Assistant, rebooted numerous times.  This is getting tiresome.  And Cakewalk doesn't open fully.  I sure have a lot of work built in that app but am locked out for now.  Can anyone help?

• 1 month later...

Mine was stuck on "Installing..." too. I uninstalled Assistant, downloaded Assistant and installed Assistant and logged in to my account. Microsoft was showing that two instances of Assistant were running so I closed both and re-launched Assistant. Then, updating BandLab went as expected and completed quickly. The good thing about the update is that Assistant will no longer be needed for updates in the future.

10 minutes ago, twelvetone said:

Here's what Noel told me to do in my thread with the  same problem. Worked for me, although there were sub-paths.

"You can manually run the installer by going to this folder:
%appdata%\bandlab-assistant\Downloads"

That's what I had to do this morning, and it worked.  You can, if you want, access this folder from the Bandlab assistant settings, by clicking the dots next to the download path.