Cannot install Virgin Choir VST

Hi all,

I'm having trouble installing Virgin Choir VST. I downloaded it and unzipped the set. BUT there is no installer included.

Anyone an idea on where to download the VST with the installer? I tried finding it for over an hour on the internet, surely enough hits on the title but no download came complete with the installer that let's you install the dll file .

Thanks for any suggestions!

Loek van Kersbergen

Once you unzip the download file, it's a DLL file.  No installer needed.

In Cakewalk, go to Preferences- VST Settings - VST Scan paths to find your VST folders (Where your VST files are located).

Just copy the virgin choir dll file to a VST folder and restart Cakewalk.  It should recognize it after that.

Thanks John D and Chappel for your quick responces.

I managed to get the Virgin Choir DLL file in - what I believe is - the right directory.

As soon however as I want to attach it to a midi track a pop up screen appears that a Fatal Error occured , Sibelius saves a copy and after that it shuts down completely.

I tried it within an existing project and with a new project with the same result.

Any idea's ?

Thanks and best regards, Loek

1 hour ago, Loek van Kersbergen said:

As soon however as I want to attach it to a midi track a pop up screen appears that a Fatal Error occured , Sibelius saves a copy and after that it shuts down completely.

I tried it within an existing project and with a new project with the same result.

Any idea's ?

Thanks and best regards, Loek

Insert it as a Soft Synth with a MIDI Source Track. Enter notes using a Controller, Staff View or PRV in the MIDI track. That's how I did it and it works fine. I didn't try inserting it as an Instrument Track but I don't know why that wouldn't also work. I put the 64 bit .dll file in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins .

Virgin Choir, like all audio plug-ins, will only work in an Audio Track and you need a MIDI track to send data to the synth on the Audio Track. An Instrument Track is a combined MIDI and Audio track but you can't do as much with the MIDI in an Instrument track as you can with a MIDI track and Audio Track paired together. Try it both ways and see what works best for you.

Edited by Chappel