Reaper 5.97 - ARA(2) is finally here

S.L.I.P.

4 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Your GUI  looks great . Is that one you made ? or is it a Theme anyone can download ?

Kenny

Kenny

Thanks Kenny,  It is the ALBERT-C ( REA-EVOLUTION 2.0.1 ) by albertxxxx theme.  I just set up a  starting template by adjusting colors and windows for quick and easy flow. There are a couple of niggles with it but it's just a feel-good place to start. :) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, craigb said:

"Oh yeah, oh yeah, riiiight there!  Yeah!"

~  Duke probably 😆

Damn, that is one beefy dog Kenny!

Hi Craig ,

Duke is Beefy alright . I got the food bills to prove it 🤣

Most of the time , too me he is just a big goofy lap dog ...lol  Yet he still thinks he can fit on my Lazy boy with me ...

He conveniently forgot he broke the last one I had  ...The frame broke because  it just couldn't take the combined weight of the both of us .

16 hours ago, Fwrend said:

Thanks Kenny,  It is the ALBERT-C ( REA-EVOLUTION 2.0.1 ) by albertxxxx theme.  I just set up a  starting template by adjusting colors and windows for quick and easy flow. There are a couple of niggles with it but it's just a feel-good place to start. :) 

Hey Fwrend ,

I downloaded  that one and a few others ..Yes, the default theme sometimes gets on my nerves .

I have gone back to it a few times only because I'm still learning Reaper and when I see a Kenny G video I'm lost and I can't follow along unless I'm using the default theme  ...all the controls and general stuff is all different w some of the themes .

I like the new look  on my machine

thank you

1 hour ago, S.L.I.P. said:

Lately I've been using Reborn 2. I like it cause it's nice and clean.

t8pu0o.jpg

That theme does look nice and clean ...I may download that theme and check it out ..thanks S.L.I.P.

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

A bit on-topic...

Melodyne in REAPER has full freedom. It can be used as a Track FX. Note that content of the track/item is not "frozen", it is possible to move/edit clips on the track with Melodyne. And in REAPER release (and after Melodyne update) that is really working pretty well (== without crashing, including adding Melodyne without stopping the transport).

I have just 3 observations:

• when used on an item (so more like Sonar way, to correct a small peace instead of the whole track), audio preview is not working (by current REAPER design). So this option is effectively almost useless.
  • people put Melodyne on every track in 20-30 tracks project and then wonder why computer is instantly 100% loaded during editing  (Melodyne continuously analyze updated source in the background) 
  • without "save minimal undo" compatibility option set (unset by default for all plug-ins), any edit operation in Melodyne is painful on a slow computer.

So if Cockos manage to audition Melodyne as a take FX,  REAPER ARA integration can be called perfect...

• Thanks 1

Old news, I guess... 5.971 is out (I totally missed it)

+ ARA: fix adjusting plugin playback to project tempo when media item start position is not zero [p=2099289]

+ ARA: properly account for timing offset in certain situations [t=217606]

+ Dockers: improve dock/undock focused window action (always affect docked window before the docker that contains it, set focus)

+ JSFX: fix gfx_a2 default when drawing into secondary buffers [p=2099185]

+ ReaScript: gfx_a2 is always reset to 1 on each gfx frame

+ ReaScript: prevent possible crash when scripts terminating scripts [p=2090998]

+ ReaTune: fix per-take FX manual mode timing [t=217577]

+ ReaTune: fix take FX manual mode inconsistencies with global project offset

+ Video: fix YV12/YUY2 text rendering alignment with certain fonts/characters

+ Video: allow drawing text with larger font sizes (up to 700pt)

+ Video: improve playback performance with looped playback [p=2097954]

8 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

Old news, I guess... 5.971 is out (I totally missed it)

+ ARA: fix adjusting plugin playback to project tempo when media item start position is not zero [p=2099289]

+ ARA: properly account for timing offset in certain situations [t=217606]

+ Dockers: improve dock/undock focused window action (always affect docked window before the docker that contains it, set focus)

+ JSFX: fix gfx_a2 default when drawing into secondary buffers [p=2099185]

+ ReaScript: gfx_a2 is always reset to 1 on each gfx frame

+ ReaScript: prevent possible crash when scripts terminating scripts [p=2090998]

+ ReaTune: fix per-take FX manual mode timing [t=217577]

+ ReaTune: fix take FX manual mode inconsistencies with global project offset

+ Video: fix YV12/YUY2 text rendering alignment with certain fonts/characters

+ Video: allow drawing text with larger font sizes (up to 700pt)

+ Video: improve playback performance with looped playback [p=2097954]

I love how those guys fix things so quickly!