Waves Ver 10 plugins not being upated

ItchyBrainRecording

Question

Just updated my Waves plugins to Ver 11 when I purchased some new plugins.  When opening session that already have version 10 Waves plugins inserted, I get the message 'plugin not found'.  When looking at the problem I noticed it looking specifically for Ver 10 thereby not allowing ver 11 to automatically replace it...

Is there any solution to this? 

How about when a 32bit plugin is updated to a 64bit version or a VST2 is replaced by a VST3?  How is this problem resolved?  Have an engineer running a Cakewalk session tomorrow and need to address ASAP.

3 answers to this question

I do not use Waves plug-ins but have read enough Waves install threads to know contacting Waves support is the best solution for install problems with their plug-ins.

Waves was one of the first manufacturers to support automatic VST2 to VST3 migration. Make sure the VST# migration options are enabled in preferences.

Pretty sure the restriction on mixing Waves VST2 and VST3 plug-ins is still in effect.

Starting with version 9.6 Waves supports VST3 only in SONAR/CbB.

Check that the Waves installer hasn't removed the plugins.

I had a similar issue the last time I ran the V11 update.

The vast of majority of my plugins were in WUP, but a few weren't.  Instead of upgrading the ones that were in WUP, and leaving the others alone, the installer REMOVED the v11 plugins that were out of WUP.

I managed to recover them by restoring my HDD to a previous backup.  I've since updated my WUP and upgraded them all successfully.

I advise opening up Waves Central and check the plugins are still actually installed.