Crashing cannot record

GR

Question

Installed cakewalk and it immediately recognized my focusrite clarett. I couldn't hear anything through the headphones so I installed it's controller now i can't do anything.  I just want to make music, not fighting with software. Please help. Thanks

1 answer to this question

Tell us what you have done.

The focusrite is an interface - is anything plugged into it?
Depending on what is plugged in, have you inserted a MIDI track, an instrument track, an audio track?
Which headphones - plugged into the midi controller, musical instrument, focusrite, PC's headphone output.

There are a number of scenarios for writing/creating/recording:
1) Microphone plugged into Focusrite, Focusrite plugged into PC, audio track inserted into track pane in Cakewalk. Now you can record singing, acoustic, instrument, the dog barking, etc.
2) MIDI controller (keyboard, drum pad, etc) plugged into Focusrite, Focusrite plugged into PC, instrument track inserted into track pane in Cakewalk, routed to a soft synth.
3) Electric piano audio output plugged into Focusrite, Focusrite plugged into PC, audio track inserted into track pane in Cakewalk.
4) MIDI controller (keyboard, drum pad, etc) plugged into Focusrite, Focusrite plugged into PC, MIDI track inserted into track pane in Cakewalk, routed to a soft synth, instrument-audio track inserted into track pane in Cakewalk, the output of the soft synth routed to it.

Start going through these to get an idea of what needs to be done to get started.