Freezing and UnFreezing vs. Automation Lanes

noynekker

Are Instrument Track Freezing and their Automation Lanes independent of each other ?

ie.   If I freeze an Instrument Track, then add Volume Automation Lanes . . . when I UnFreeze, do the Automation Lanes keep the volumes I added while they were frozen ?

12 hours ago, CJ Jacobson said:

When you freeze a track, everything you do to it will be erases when you unfreeze a track. You can try it out to confirm this.

CJ . . . well that's what  I thought, but when I tested it, after unfreezing I see the Console Faders move down, but the Automation Lanes don't change. Automation read is turned on. I even tried to exaggerate it for the sake of testing, but same result. I'm thinking it's something happened in this particular project, because I tested again in another project, and it works as expected. Trying to find out why in this project the Automation lanes seem locked, with regards to freezing and unfreezing.

• 1 year later...

Freezing will freeze all whats happening on the clip, fx bin and the pro channel - so all automation done to that elements while freezed will be lost when unfreeze. BUT whats happening on the TRACK automation lanes - vol, pan, sends automation - is free from freezing and you can tweak it as much as you want no matter if your track is freezed or unfreezed.