Ugritone IR loader $5

jude77

Ugritone has their ir loader on sale for a meager $5.  https://ugritone.com/collections/plugins/products/trve-cab-ir-loader

TRVE Cab is an Impulse Response loader designed for Heavy Rock & Metal Guitarists of any caliber. Simplified workflow - endless possibilities.

TRVE Cab comes in VST/AU/AAX format and can be used in both studio & live applications.

Load up to 8 IR’s simultaneously via 8 separate slots

Cabinet graphics to help identify the mics in use

Low CPU use, low latency

Volume, pan, HiPass, LoPass, solo & mute controls for every channel

Load your own IR’s

Comes with a Ugritone Freebie IR Pack

Cab IR Loaders are basically Convolution Reverbs/players/loaders with guitar/guitar cab centric features.

Of course you will get various additions, features etc, but that's basically it.

I believe if you find a convolution reverb that can import load .wav files, you can load your cab IR and bob's your uncle.

Way back before stand alone/dedicated cab IR loaders were around like today, that's what I use to use, convolution reverb to load the cab IR's, I forget the one I use to use, but I would still have it stored away on CD/DVD.

Edited by ensconced
  • Like 1

I picked this up but not sure why when I got the aIR Impulse Rack - which is still selling for $10

It has phase switching, phase delay and multiple other features. Even at twice the price it's still a better deal (IMHO).

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ensconced said:

Cab IR Loaders are basically Convolution Reverbs/players/loaders with guitar/guitar cab centric features.

Of course you will get various additions, features etc, but that's basically it.

I believe if you find a convolution reverb that can import load .wav files, you can load your cab IR and bob's your uncle.

Way back before stand alone/dedicated cab IR loaders were around like today, that's what I use to use, convolution reverb to load the cab IR's, I forget the one I use to use, but I would still have it stored away on CD/DVD.

Which begs the question - can you use one of these multi IR loaders as a fancy multi-IR handling Convolution reverb?
Don't see why not, will have to try at some point.

That is basically what IR loaders are doing, convolution reverb. MConvolutionEZ is part of Melda's free bundle that seemed to be released to fill the "IR loader" spot. The paid for ones can be more heavy-handed, but are overkill to simply "use an IR."

With RedWirez, with the BIG Box (not available as such anymore, all separate for the latest release) they supplied EQ curves from 1073 and impedance curves from various speakers etc to load with your Cab IR, you can use Reverbs etc, mix it all around to your liking and export a single IR to use later or elsewhere. The EQ IR's/curves can give you some very nice results in certain occasions, as do the impedance IR's/curves (they have dropped the impedance stuff in the latest releases) For the new stuff they have Neve and API EQ packs available which again can yield nice results in certain instances.

Basically if they are compatible you can go to town with IR's made of whatever.