ezdrummer missing plugin after update

kriss

I just downloaded the last update  and i have the message ezdrummer plug in missing. For no reason i can think of. 

Is it possible that the update deleted some file from somewhere just by itself? please help.

Edited by kriss

1 hour ago, Chappel said:

Have you tried running the Toontrack Product Manager to make sure everything is installed and where it is supposed to be?

no . Just had installed everything in the past and worked everything fine. All were where it is supposed to be but after last cakewalk update i have the plug in missing message. Maybe some file deleted by itself? 

I have many other software instruments and only ezdrummer was missing and a problem after this update.

The funny thing is that i wasn't updating cakewalk since may because i was afraid there would be a problem....And i was right unfortunately.....😢

Edited by kriss

I installed the 2020.07 Early Access and seems that problem persists. Seems like no future update is going to solve this and even if it is really simple i hope you can help me because i am a pc noob here and it is a big problem for me. Can anyone tell me what file should i move to where? Is it one file or more than one? Can the update delete files? it is so weird... When i first installled cakewalk i already had ezdrummer installed and everything was ok , like with all my other software. Now i really can not understand how can this happen...

3 minutes ago, scook said:

Not third party plug-ins like EZDrummer.

Could try running a VST Reset with "Generate Scan Log" enabled from preferences.

If the plug-in is still missing from the default "Sort By" layouts review the log.

won't this cause any other problems?

5 minutes ago, scook said:

A VST reset clears and rebuilds the Cakewalk VST Inventory in the registry.

It is like running a scan for the first time.

didn't solve it , nothing changed . this is what i am getting 

1111.png

Yes there does have to be a file somewhere.

AFAIK, Toontrack does not make VST3 plug-ins so the EZD plug-in has a dll extension. I am sure an EZD install contains multiple files.

The log created using VST reset should contain information about all the plug-ins.

If "Generate Scan Log" was enabled, when the reset completed a toast messaged popped up with the path to the scan log.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scook said:

Yes there does have to be a file somewhere.

AFAIK, Toontrack does not VST3 plug-ins so the EZD plug-in has a dll extension. I am sure an EZD install contains multiple files.

The log created using VST reset should contain information about all the plug-ins.

If "Generate Scan Log" was enabled, when the reset completed a toast messaged popped up with the path to the scan log.

You mean what is in the red ? There only are two note files that say where the scan were. there were the 2 paths that are circled on the black on top.

1111.png

The actual plug-in ezdrummer.dll should be where ever you installed it.

If somehow it was installed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 the scanner will ignore it. VST2 plug-in cannot be installed in this folder.

You could check the exclude list in the Plug-in Manager. To do this, click on VST Instruments  (VSTi) in the Plug-in Categories column of the Plug-in Manager. Then click the Show Excluded radio button below the Plug-in Categories column. If the plug-in is there, select it and click the "Enable Plug-in" button.

If EZDrummer is not there, make sure the dll is in the scan path (circled in black in the image above).

If the dll is in the scan path, open the VstScan.log and VstScanSandbox.log in %appdata%\Cakewalk\Logs and look for info about ezdrummer.dll

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kriss said:

no . Just had installed everything in the past and worked everything fine.

So you DIDN'T try running the Toontrack Product Manager again to make sure EZD is still properly installed?

You need to do this first.  None of the other fixes will do anything if the installation  isn't there or has gotten corrupted.

Edited by JonD
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scook said:

The actual plug-in ezdrummer.dll should be where ever you installed it.

If somehow it was installed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 the scanner will ignore it. VST2 plug-in cannot be installed in this folder.

You could check the exclude list in the Plug-in Manager. To do this, click on VST Instruments  (VSTi) in the Plug-in Categories column of the Plug-in Manager. Then click the Show Excluded radio button below the Plug-in Categories column. If the plug-in is there, select it and click the "Enable Plug-in" button.

If EZDrummer is not there, make sure the dll is in the scan path (circled in black in the image above).

If the dll is in the scan path, open the VstScan.log and VstScanSandbox.log in %appdata%\Cakewalk\Logs and look for info about ezdrummer.dll

in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 there is a file ''toontrack'' and there it is ezdrummer.dll 

It is not in the exlude list. I checked that first. It was working properly , then update and 5 minutes later it is missing!

I looked at VstScan.log and VstScanSandbox.log and there is nothing about ezdrummer.dll

1 hour ago, JonD said:

So you DIDN'T try running the Toontrack Product Manager again to make sure EZD is still properly installed?

You need to do this first.  None of the other fixes will do anything if the installation  isn't there or has gotten corrupted.

the installation was perfectly fine as about everything just about 5 minutes before the update. So i am trying to keep it simple for a noob like me and just look at which file i should move and where , or anything that can make it work. I would like also to know what has happened but i do not think that's easy so as long as i can keep going creating music i really do not care much. 

57 minutes ago, kriss said:

in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 there is a file ''toontrack'' and there it is ezdrummer.dll 

This is the problem.

VST2 plug-ins cannot be installed in the VST3 folder.

Starting with 2020.01 Cakewalk no longer scans files with a dll extension in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Moving the Toontrack folder to a different location outside of the dedicated VST3 folder such as C:\Program files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins and scanning it may work.

If that fails uninstall and reinstall the plug-in. The installer permits specifying where to put the plug-in. Do not install it or any VST2 plug-ins in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 the scanner will ignore them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scook said:

This is the problem.

VST2 plug-ins cannot be installed in the VST3 folder.

Starting with 2020.01 Cakewalk no longer scans files with a dll extension in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Moving the Toontrack folder to a different location outside of the dedicated VST3 folder such as C:\Program files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins and scanning it may work.

If that fails uninstall and reinstall the plug-in. The installer permits specifying where to put the plug-in. Do not install it or any VST2 plug-ins in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 the scanner will ignore them.

Thank you mate! That was it! You are cool!

Thanks everybody for your time!

• Thanks 1

Glad it worked.

Had you mentioned which version of CbB was running before the update it may have triggered my memory about the change but I doubt it.

There were discussions about this issue with Toontrack sprinkled throughout the 2020.01 Feedback thread starting with this post.

• Thanks 1