Viewing Audio

brandon

I inserted a number of snare drum samples into a project in a single track and then 'combined' them all to make what i thought would be a single take.

It plays fine. But when i go to view it there is only 16 samples showing in the audio view when there are actually 120 samples being played. I need to get int the audio to edit it but am struggling.

Any ideas why this might be?

OK it took some poking around but I see that what you have opened is a Loop Construction View.

I have never seen it before I guess because I don't use loops.

Thanks for posting this question, I just learned another cool feature I have never used and I can see a few things I can do with this to improve my workflow. 

Your just not opening the view properly. 

I won't open by double clicking-- I have to highlight the audio track,  right click and choose view , Loop construction-  or easier yet  Alt 7 

All the audio tracks I opened including I dragged a "loop" from the browser  just to test,  all open normally and I can view the audio wave form. 

Looking at your screenshot you don't seem to have any tracks highlighted. And the other clue is there should be a tab in the lower left with the loops info. 

2020-08-12.png

Edited by John Vere

Thank John. I think you hit the nail on the head. The track is essentially a number of cow bell samples. What I havent done is combine them into one audio track and thats why it is only bringing up one audio sample in audio view. Still odd though and not what I would expect. 

I tried opening the clip as 'loop construction' but it still only opens one sample rather than the whole audio file as your has above. I tried alt 7 too. 

To be honest I havent created a loop (at least not to my knowledge). All I have done is insert a number of instances of the same sample (one at a time). Maybe I should have inserted them another way?

The Loop Construction View is not a Wave Editor as such. It's only going to show the selected clip when opening. If you want everything to be part of the same clip, you have to select all of the audio in that track and go Clips | Bounce to Clips. 

The real question is what exactly is the edit you're looking to do? That's going to dictate what's ultimately the best way to go about it. The Loop Construction View is geared towards tweaking a couple bars of something and then acidizing it where you can crop the clip for a number of repeats that are tied to the project tempo.