Everything

Douglas Kirby

Impressive song Douglas.  The lyrics are very good (luv that chorus). The vocals and harmonies were very nice indeed.  Good work on the slide!  It has inspired me to try learning this technique on my old 1960's Norma guitar (nice high action that should work well for slide).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, freddy j said:

Impressive song Douglas.  The lyrics are very good (luv that chorus). The vocals and harmonies were very nice indeed.  Good work on the slide!  It has inspired me to try learning this technique on my old 1960's Norma guitar (nice high action that should work well for slide).

Hey Freddy - I'm glad you liked the song.  I looked up Norma guitars - they look like some interesting axes.  Playing slide is fun - I should practice it more often. On this song, I played a glass slide on my Fender Strat.

On 8/6/2020 at 4:09 AM, daryl1968 said:

nice song Doug 

Agreed

On 8/6/2020 at 4:09 AM, daryl1968 said:

slide guitar works well. 

Says the guy who generally dislikes slide guitar 🥴
But it does work well.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 4:01 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

I'm no George Harrison

I think Brian Jones was the slide player in that generation, no?

I think the guys have covered it so I'll just say; Nice One Doug!

t

I should add solid mix.

Edited by DeeringAmps
added content
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I'm not only impressed by your playing but also how you structure your songs.  I'm guessing you've had some formal training in music?

Hi Bjorn - thanks for listening.  In my mid to late teens I had an instructor who taught me musical theory - he was an excellent musician and guitar player.