IK VI Group Buy

ensconced

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I would love the Hammond. But I will wait for that one.

Larry I was in the same boat. But I took a look at the hardware and I have been looking/wanting the mini iRig keyboard for a while. So I made the jump and with that purchase I am able to get the Libs I want that I don't have. 

But as far as the major purchases, I already got them except for the Hammond. So nothing to draw me in there. But here again, (we always keep saying this) for the new user of IK stuff, (they one that ain't spent a dime with them) this is a fantastic deal!!

I also want the Joe Sat stuff, the Space Delay... and that Hammond.  I will just have to wait.

But if you can only use them for 30% off, I don't know if we would ever use all of them. (Except Larry, he was in the negative jam points territory at one time!! LOL  : ) And boy was he po'd!!) I still have over $150 worth of JP and almost nothing I want to get, yet. And if you can believe this, I forgot to use JP when I bought the iRig Mini!! Bruned my ***** up! I mena... how stupid was that!! LOL!

LOL that is stupid. I think I got almost $100 off on my Axe I/O at one.   Most people forget JPs discount 30% off.  Any of those MODO instruments come under $100 for cross grades.   

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Conjugal Visits said:

For those who have ST4 Max, I have ST3 plus nearly everything made during it's time, and ST4 SE, is the upgrade to ST4 Max worth the $?

I don't know. You be the judge whether you need the extra sounds. I will say some of them are quite good. Here's the comparison:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/st4/soundlist/SampleTank_4_comparison.pdf

Thank you, yes I have been through that before, with no result, don't intend to look through that list again, it's quite long.

Maybe I should just forget about it for now, there isn't really anything of interest to pick for the freebies that I don't already own, not interested in MODO Drums, or the Hammond or MP2, might be better just to wait on a sale for upgrade to ST4 Max, but then I have already sat through them before without pulling the trigger.  Answered my own question I suppose.

Maybe look for something else that has more interest to throw my $ at.

Thanks again.

I got ST4 Max. ANd there are so many sounds. I just haven't bee through them all. But they do have really good sounding pianos, strings, french horns, worked with those a lot recently. The guitars ain't half bad either!! Oh, and the organs.. love those organ they have.

I do like ST4 pianos sound better that EZ Keys. But I mostly used EZ Keys in this project I am working on. ST4 just hasn't got that human factor that EZ Keys got going. I came up with the part in ST3, then dropped that midi in EZ Keys and man, what a difference. It sounded like a person was playing it. 

For my limited skill set in composing any type of orchestration, ST4 Max has all my bases cover and then some. Add Syntronik with all those great synths, I am in hog heaven! Never thought I would have so many sounds available to me.

BTW, the only NI product I own is GR5.  

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Somewhat similar ask here. I’ve got ST4SE plus lots of ST3 add-ons. Should I go for ST4 (regular) or should I not?

Same suggestion. Peruse the comparison list. Lots of nice samples in the MAX, but you may not need/want them all. I got a good deal on the pre-sale crossgrade to MAX from ST3. That was a no-brainer, but cost me a SSD upgrade on my sample drive to accommodate it all.

One thing I could do without are the zillions of relatively anonymous Synth variations, basses, arpeggios, leads, pads, etc. instruments included in MAX (about 1/2 the instrument list, or 20 GB). I already have the full Syntronik, and I find them mostly redundant.

But that doesn't take away from the exclusives to MAX, such as the very nice Stick Basses, Euphoniums, Flugel Horns, French Horns, Tubas, Nylon G guitars, J200 guitars, string Basses, Cellos, Violas, Violins, Alto Saxes, Flutes, the Red Strat Electric Guitar, plus any ST3 extras you may be missing.

Otherwise the ST4 standard edition would offer a very nice upgrade to the SE edition, including the Black Les Paul Electric and a pedal steel guitar.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

The count seemed to be struggling to reach 3 free, let alone the top tier.  I wonder if there will be an extension or another sweater?

It will be an extension, they always do.

Sweetener? Not sure about that one. They are already offering everything VI related they put out.

But... I have been wrong before!!

The problem here is they had the "Total Studio Max" promo BEFORE this one...
those who got in on that promo really don't need anything else, and it makes this
"less enticing".  They should have had THIS promo first...THEN done the "Max" promo...
but hey, what do I know...I just speculate....

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

I think the drive space required for some products intimidate buyers.  Do the Modos require a lot of space,

I glanced at their requirements and they appear to require minimal space (compared to many of their other instruments). Most likely because the MODOs are mostly modeling based rather than sample based.

Edited by abacab

4 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

i am in that boat. i only interested in MODO bass becuase it doesnt use that much space. the others use a ton.

I agree. SampleTank 4 MAX has apparently "jumped the shark" as far as instrument sample storage is concerned. No complaints regarding the quality of these sounds, which are excellent, but it seems like it's time to explore more use of  physical modeling technologies instead of uber sampling. I think we may have reached the limits of what is practical for sampled instruments and storage space in this latest version...

8 hours ago, abacab said:

I think we may have reached the limits of what is practical for sampled instruments and storage space in this latest version

Yes I believe so. 

You have the sounds themselves, to use in ST4.

Then you got to bkup all that. We talking almost 500gb!! This last PC I built has a few drives in it just for this reason:

1.5tb M.2 drvs

2.5tb SSDs

5tb hds

And I have externally:

16tb  WD Elements BkUp. (4tb & 12tb)

Edited by Grem

Backup space is certainly a major consideration and one that has been a factor in not going for ST4. I have three sample drives, two of which I image in their entirety. The third houses my EW Composer Cloud libraries, ST3 and Syntronic. 

The EW stuff is massive but I could download it again any time if required so I am not imaging the disk at the moment. I have the IK archived install files if disaster strikes. But Ideally I would also like to image this disk for speedy recovery.  I am toying with the idea of a 12 TB backup drive at some point.

• Great Idea 1