IK VI Group Buy

ensconced

2 minutes ago, musical said:

Can I buy something I already own and register it to get into the group buy?

i.e. can you have more than two IK licences of the same product on the same account?

I did that a couple of weeks ago. I got a great price on a second copy of Syntronik that got me in the group but at the highest level.

Rocky

• Like 2

My account has several duplicates too by how I got them. I got ST4max free by purchasing IO-49 keyboard last year promotion while I already owned ST4.
Plus I believe I got extra small items added to my account that I already dad.   Sort of like my Cakewalk account with multiple copies of DimPro :)

On 9/14/2020 at 1:52 PM, LAGinz said:

Yeah, this is kind of the issue I have. The B3 is by far the most interesting to me, and the rest which I don’t have,—not so much.  I’ve got quite a few decent B3 type sounds from various sources, but nothing like the IK B3. I’m still kind of on the fence, but I don’t think another freebie (I probably won’t use) is going to make the difference for me.

Ok, I broke down.....😫....and joined the Buy. The next thing I’m purchasing is a good 12 step program .

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2020 at 4:25 PM, Sergio said:

Thanks Fleer. I thik it's confusing because you can also choose a "lesser" version, like Sampletank SE f.i. Or even and option for something I already have, like Sampletank 4 Upgrade (which would give me nothing new at all). The only grayed options are those corresponding exactly to the products you already have.

That's a good point.  I like that the IT team greyed out what you have but this is another aspect of that which should be considered however it might be able to be done.  I'll let them know.

On 9/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, InstrEd said:

Oh Sh*t I can't keep track of what I have anymore from IK :(   

Thanks for that. I guess I'll look things for Syntronik then.  See what happens when you get old.

We are trying to make it easier to know what is in any of the virtual instrument products especially items like SampleTank MAX.  We've added/changed things on some of our web pages to be much more clear and you can even see "Included In:" on the instrument pages like  Spaceport '77  where you'll know it isn't bundled anywhere at this time.

On 9/26/2020 at 1:50 AM, mister_tea said:

Edit: hi DeeringAmps, to clarify in the following post, I'm not disagreeing, just empathizing with more examples :) 

I think it did include the major collections and gear credit stuff (wampler, etc), or close, at the time of its release; from a google result pointing to IK's forum, it was around February 2016. It's not updated with gear since then.

Similar to Total Studio, Sampletank MAX, and T-Racks MAX I think? Peter or an IK expert can answer definitively.

I think this is the most common model for an "everything" collection even though after a few years it does start to look a little weird. I don't own Total Studio but have had at least some version of Eventide Anthology, NI Komplete (great product but they have like four definitions of the word "komplete" :)), and I think the Black Rooster all-products pack, and SynthMaster "everything" all cover what was released at the time of release or purchae. And not music software but I wonder how many times they released an "all the James Bond movies" collection.

I'm actually not really aware of too many bundles that update with future products. Melda does... I certainly got my money's worth out of their creative bundle! And subscription stuff, but you never quit paying for the subscription stuff.

MAX products contain what is available at the time of their release.  Similar to some other bundles that might not be as "complete" as they were when originally offered after some other products have come out.

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Ok, I broke down.....😫....and joined the Buy. The next thing I’m purchasing is a good 12 step program .

Totally understand the feeling.  I got hooked on IK stuff back in the day when there was some crazy group buy with a bunch of AmpliTube products.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Zargg said:

I got the Total Studio Max

Ken, I also have ST Max. There are some of the lower tier libs that I am missing so I got the iRig Mini as the buy in. Now I can get all the other libs I don't have like

L.A. Confidential
Alternate Keys
Space Port

4 minutes ago, bluzdog said:
1 hour ago, chris.r said:

1692 Participants to 5 free products, 2 Days remaining

Hope they will figure out something to make this GB epic!

:D 

Imo, it's already epic! One more would make it epicer. 😆

Rocky

Hope the'll figure out something epic to make the GB pathetic!

then :D 

• Confused 1
  • Meh 1

5 hours ago, chris.r said:

Hope the'll figure out something epic to make the GB pathetic!

Seems like I did something wrong with my last post. Trying to look for a potential reason I first looked at the google translator and found this:

pathetic = moving, touching, grandiloquent, moody, romantic

but also found this:

pathetic = bombastic, pompous, tragic, pointless, unavailing, ineffective, etc.

For me pathetic (based on literature: sublime, elevated, exalted, festive, solemn, grand) was always something even above epic, LOL. Looks like my more western culture colleagues see it quite opposite, as shown in the translator :D. I just learned something new...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2