IK VI Group Buy

ensconced

Thanks Fleer. I thik it's confusing because you can also choose a "lesser" version, like Sampletank SE f.i. Or even and option for something I already have, like Sampletank 4 Upgrade (which would give me nothing new at all). The only grayed options are those corresponding exactly to the products you already have.

• Sad 1

I can use some advice and since people usually love to give their opinions, I thought, "why not just ask?"

I don't have a DAW at the moment or even a computer hooked up to decent speakers, but I still got into the IK Group Buy due to Gear Acquisition Syndrome and can only listen to demos through my laptop speakers. I'm interested in getting one of the IK piano libraries to use in rock and folk rock music and was hoping to get some insights into these libraries from musicians/producers who've actually used them for their opinions on which they feel would likely fit best in rock and folk rock mixes (and I realize that's highly subjective, I just want your take). I was thinking of either the Alan Parson's or Art Deco piano library (only one of the two), but am having a hard time deciding between the two and would love to hear from people who own one or both of these libraries which they think would be a better fit.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if these have been answered - I haven't read the entire thread.  Been avoiding it mostly :) since I have most of the offerings.  But now realize I can get ST4 Max, PH2, Syntronik Deluxe, MODO Drum, & Hammond B3 for around $242 or $48.40/ea.

1.  So if I buy ST4 Max for $299 and use Jam points to bring it down to $242, do I get credit for the $299 or only allowed free options of $242 or less?

a.  If $299 and I choose the USB stick for ST4 Max, does that allow me to choose for my free option Philharmonik 2 on USB stick also or just download?

First, if you already own any $99 (or higher) product, you can select the much cheaper “crossgrade” tier. Just log in to know. 
Second, if you use jam points to lower the price you pay, the original (higher) price still counts. 
Third, if you buy the usb-stick version, I’m afraid your freebies will still be of the download persuasion. 

Edith hates spell checkers that bite. 

Edited by Fleer
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Fleer said:

But ... but ... if you have ST4 Max, you already have the Art Deco and all other pianos. 

Oh Sh*t I can't keep track of what I have anymore from IK :(   

Thanks for that. I guess I'll look things for Syntronik then.  See what happens when you get old.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

First, if you already own any $99 (or higher) product, you can select the much cheaper “crossgrade” tier. Just log in to know. 
Second, if you use jam points to lower the price you pay, the original (higher) price still counts. 
Third, if you buy the usb-stick version, I’m afraid your freebies will still be of the download persuasion.

I was curious about this, so I selected the “crossgrade” option as you mentioned, added SampleTank 4 to my cart, but the price still reflected the street price of $199.99 despite being a registered owner of SampleTank 4 SE.

Did I do something wrong?

10 minutes ago, locrian said:

I was curious about this, so I selected the “crossgrade” option as you mentioned, added SampleTank 4 to my cart, but the price still reflected the street price of $199.99 despite being a registered owner of SampleTank 4 SE.

Did I do something wrong?

I also own Sampletank 4 SE (I was a customer since the first version, but got SE when I recently purchased their mini 37 key midi keyboard). Sampletank 4 shows up at $199 USD for me also, which is a pretty steep upgrade price considering the normal retail price differences between the two products. I didn't think it was worth it to buy the full Sampletank (I own KOMPLETE). My whole reason for Sampletank was that I own a lot of older SampleTank libraries I like, and its libraries are commonly a lot smaller than those of KONTAKT, which makes them easier to run on my laptop as opposed to a much more powerful dedicated DAW PC. 

Edited by PavlovsCat