IK VI Group Buy

ensconced

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Has anyone used IK’s new download app to get those 260 GB of ST4 Max content (instead of having to download hundreds of separate files)?

Not for anything big. Unless you consider MODO Drums one of the big items. That install went flawlessly like abacab says.

2 hours ago, abacab said:

downloaded that manually when it was first released. Wish I had the manager then, as it probably would have saved me a week or two

LOL!! I don't know about saving me weeks, but it surely would have saved me many days!! In fact, I just recently finished transferring all my Miroslav and Syntronik content to the new computer and installing all these sounds. I can tell you this, even if you put the zip files or the unzipped files in the d/l folder you have told IKPM to use, it still will not recognize that they are already d/l and are it's folder. So I had to install all that manually.  : (

• Sad 1

@Fleer When I got ST4 Max  last year I got the USB stick. I brought the  iRig Keys 49 last year promotion that gave you ST4 max for free when you registered the keyboard.  I had to contact IK and they offered me a special price for the USB stick mailed to me.  I thought it was a fair price and went for it. 

Hopefully this new Download manager makes it easier going forward to get our content from them :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

the USB stick mailed to me.

Hopefully this new Download manager makes it easier going forward to get our content from them

Let us know if you get IKPM to see and use those files on the USB stick.

Edited by Grem

42 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Life just keeps getting in the way

I know what you're saying. Like I said in an earlier post, I just now got Miroslav and Syntronik sounds installed two days ago!! And I remember why it went like that, I got tired of installing all the ST2, 3 and 4 sounds. So, I took a break then life happened, and I forgot all about them!!

Edited by Grem

On 9/12/2020 at 11:54 AM, Grem said:

i am going to wait a little longer for this one to come down in price. Believe it or not, ST4 has some really good sounding organs when you put the Leslie after them. And for the time being, that's what I am using.

I just really wanted to bump this thread! 

Yeah, this is kind of the issue I have. The B3 is by far the most interesting to me, and the rest which I don’t have,—not so much.  I’ve got quite a few decent B3 type sounds from various sources, but nothing like the IK B3. I’m still kind of on the fence, but I don’t think another freebie (I probably won’t use) is going to make the difference for me.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 1:53 PM, Larry Shelby said:

I'm doing all I can to push this group buy's numbers up!
(those who know...KNOW...LOL)

Thanks for all you do here! I just can't see a path that makes this group buy worth it for me. I guess I'm heavily in vested in IK.

Edit: My arm has been sufficiently twisted. I'm In!

Edited by bluzdog
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Enrique Cutillas said:

Any love for SE versions? Money is tight!

Probably not for the MODO Bass SE or MODO Drums SE. The crossgrades for the full versions are only $50 more. But you get a lot less content with each of those SE versions.

However, with SampleTank4 SE you get the new, improved interface, and even though you get way less new instruments, if you already have any ST3, Syntronik, or Miroslav instruments (or plan to get them) they are fully functional  in the all new ST4 interface. So I would probably be OK with SE for that one. Plus it saves you having to download hundreds of GBs of new content. 🤣

• Like 1