IK VI Group Buy

ensconced

Just now, InstrEd said:

Wait a minute.  Pete you're saying I'm old 😆

Maybe you should sweeten the deal and send out coupons for free Fruity Loops cereal :)

If FL Studio was still Fruity Loops I'd want that for free.  I guess I'd still have a license for it if it was kept up in that fashion, since I did buy it back in the day and loved that it did one thing and did it well.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/2/2020 at 12:11 PM, Jacques Boileau said:

Even if you don't buy anything in this group buy, you must admit this thread will have been a huge brain exercise! 😵🥴

There will be a quiz at the end. Mostly multiple choice with a short essay question.

They got me after all with this round. I was weighing against a future version of Total Studio (hypothetical and unannounced) but did the math and already had most of what might be included. And the Hammond was shiny. 

Less than 500 to go for next round.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, abacab said:

"The Hammond was shiny".

Yup. Me too!

i am going to wait a little longer for this one to come down in price. Believe it or not, ST4 has some really good sounding organs when you put the Leslie after them. And for the time being, that's what I am using.

I just really wanted to bump this thread! 

• Great Idea 1

25 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Has anyone used IK’s new download app to get those 260 GB of ST4 Max content (instead of having to download hundreds of separate files)?

Nope. I was stupid and downloaded that manually when it was first released. Wish I had the manager then, as it probably would have saved me a week or two, LOL!

But I just recently had a go with it on some new IK purchases and it worked flawlessly. The default download folder should be updated to a location that you are aware of. The default is the IK folder in your documents.

It would be nice to hear from someone who has used it to install ST4 Max. The manager downloads and installs one application at a time, but I wonder how it handles all the parts and pieces of ST4? And how many installer prompts you have to deal with for the sound content installers...

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1