IK VI Group Buy

ensconced

I agree with ya Fleer!! I went to my CS and tried to buy SampleTank and it brought me to the website every time I clicked on it!! Nope, no soup for you!!

They closed that loophole. From what I can see, they only allow you to use Gear Credits with full priced items. Or only special sales

• Sad 1

Sadly the iRig Keys I/O 49 is NOT one of the qualifying products for this group buy.  I did buy it prior to the start of the group sale, and was hoping to register it during the sale to qualify.  NO JOY!  it does not, and never did qualify for this sale.  Only their less expensive controllers qualified, which somehow made sense to IKM, but really doesn't make sense to me.  I will certainly have some fun with it, but I think my further software purchases from IKM will be extremely limited, if at all.  

If anyone knows of a different way to get this to qualify, please let me know!

Well, I have to ask myself do I really want 4 products that I don't own, 
and that I'll probably never use, just to "complete the IK Collection",
or do I wait for Total Studio 3 Max sale to buy the upgrade, which will
most likely be overpriced at launch...I have one more day to decide...

• Like 3

Larry, there's a chance it'll be extended tomorrow like the prior group buys but of course they're not obligated to :)

Just for the sake of anyone sitting on gear credits, the products that run inside ST -- Miroslav, Syntronik, and the various expansions -- do seem to be purchase-able in the Gear Shop. I'm in a similar boat as you guys and do empathize though.

I think I'm likely to pass this time, after participating in most of the previous group buys; that organ is really shiny but I might roll the dice that Total Studio will be upgraded over the next year (note they've never said anything about it!)

Please don't let that dissuade anyone -- in absolute terms at 4-for-1 this is a silly good deal. You can get current-top-tier modeled organ/guitar/bass and either syntronik or sampletank (the standard editions) -- with jampoints it's around $140, which is $35 per plugin, or what many of us were going crazy for for single-emulation plugins from other companies.

• Like 1

@Fleer
Certainly not trying to "rub it in", actually I was going to thank you for pushing it over the top.

But, from the Group buy FAQ:

CAN I USE MY JAMPOINTS REWARD DISCOUNT TO PURCHASE QUALIFYING SOFTWARE?
Yes, loyal users can use their JamPoints when purchasing from the IK Online Store.JamPoints
can also be used in the Custom Shop providing the payment is not made with Gear Credits.

The fact that basically nothing anyone wants is available in the Custom Shop...

that is a pisser

t

• Sad 1

I am ok that I can't use Gear Credits in this group buy. And now that I think about it, and read the above statement that Tom posted, I don't think I have ever been able to use JP and GC in the same purchase. I tried before.

I am thinking IK figures if you bought GC. You used JP to get a deal that way, and are not entitled to get another break on the price. 

Seems fair to me. But maybe I don't see all the angles.

Anyway... 2 more days and over 1k users to go!! IK would have to be very generous to make this go all the way!!

But ... but ... I got my Gear Credits for buying expensive hardware like their iLoud and then they have a Group Buy, explicitly pushing their Custom Shop as a place to get in. But when you get in, there’s nothing fancy to get. No Hammond, no MODO, no SampleTank. 

Hey IK, don’t mention the Custom Shop if you main Group Buy stuff ain’t available. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

But ... but ... I got my Gear Credits for buying expensive hardware like their iLoud and then they have a Group Buy, explicitly pushing their Custom Shop as a place to get in. But when you get in, there’s nothing fancy to get. No Hammond, no MODO, no SampleTank. 

Hey IK, don’t mention the Custom Shop if you main Group Buy stuff ain’t available. 

ah well. i guess its sort of like NI and their vouchers. you can't use them on items that are on sale. only full priced items.

• Sad 1

I'm pretty sure we never even implied/hinted that Gear Credits would be valid for iLoud/hardware or anything like that.   Gear Credits were rolled out stating that they were for a la carte gear in AmpliTube but people wanted Collections and T-RackS singles using them and that made sense.  Hardware and MODO products, etc don't make sense in this context though, so I wouldn't count on ever seeing those for Gear Credits.

You can still get some of the more expensive options to get into the Group Buy in Custom Shop for Gear Credits (SampleTank --> Collections if you are interested in seeing those), hence the mention in the news/VI Group Buy page.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 1

It was the other way around, Peter. 
I got 300 Gear Credits with my iLoud but find no use for them. 
The present Group Buy states in its opening address: 

"Purchase any of the qualifying products from the IK Online Store or Custom Shop”. 

So I had high hopes. 

Only to see them squashed and squandered. 

52 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Gear Credits were rolled out stating that they were for a la carte gear in AmpliTube but people wanted Collections and T-RackS singles using them and that made sense.

I did not know this. Explains a lot. I thought I could buy whatever was available in the CS.

Edited by Grem
  • Sad 1

It goes loud (as its name says) and delivers a natural sound, so also keys and even vocals will work well. Meanwhile, it’s got an iRig interface for your guitars (and AmpliTube FX). 

Still, also check those newer iLoud monitors. They weren’t around when I got the iLoud. 

And while you’re at it, Orange has a tiny Mini amp with speaker for $50 or so, that even allows you to drive a large 12 x 12. 
Not the Micro, mind you, but the newer Mini. It even looks the part, like a real Orange amp, and throws a mean sound. 

• Thanks 1