Pro Tools Annual Update Renewal Plan

Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann

1 hour ago, James Foxall said:

Does anyone know if this is a subscription extension or for perpetual licenses?

I don't know what is Pro Tools (at least we have Smart Tools in Cakewalk) but the title says "annual update renewal plan" so I read it as subscription ;).

Edited by chris.r

26 minutes ago, James Foxall said:

I have a subscription - I think this is probably perpetual renewal.

I'm 99.9999999998% certain this would be a subscription renewal. As @Dzilizzi says the list price for a perpetual annual upgrade is $199. Subscription annual is $99.

For gits and shiggles I email jrr to absolutely confirm that .0000000012%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bapu said:

I'm 99.9999999998% certain this would be a subscription renewal. As @Dzilizzi says the list price for a perpetual annual upgrade is $199. Subscription annual is $99.

For gits and shiggles I email jrr to absolutely confirm that .0000000012%.

So did I.  If it is perpetual because they have some old ones, I will grab one if I can.  I am currently good until 2022.  Not sure what I will do after that. 

The link I posted is for perpetual, 1-year renewal for support & upgrades

Avid raised prices heavily ($199 currently). This may be "old stock" from before that increase but it still works (I did purchase 2 and the codes extended by 2 years the support&upgrade expiration date in my account)

Edited by Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann
edited for clarity
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Avid raised prices heavily ($199 currently). This may be "old stock" from before that increase but it still works (I did purchase and it worked, I bought 2 and the codes added 2 years of renewals to my account)

Thank you - it worked for me as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Avid raised prices heavily ($199 currently). This may be "old stock" from before that increase but it still works (I did purchase and it worked, I bought 2 and the codes extended by 2 years the support&upgrade expiration date in my account)

3 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

Thank you - it worked for me as well. 

And you both abso-freakin-lutely sure you've not been converted to subscription?

Edited by Bapu

1 minute ago, Dzilizzi said:

You can't use the link provided as that is for subscriptions.  But in your account, there is a spot to add renewal from distributors.  That is where I added it. 

Thanks for that heads up.