JRRShop Update, now yes-deal: 20% off one product

mister_tea

I sort of feel bad starting this since we have the other thread, but that one has the title ***NOT A DEAL*** and there's now a deal - if a moderator wants to merge them please do!

Notice from JRRShop.com: the great crash. See bolded text for 20% coupon.

On July 7, jrrshop.com crashed. This was caused by the huge increase in traffic that came along with the launch of Presonus Studio One 5. The site was not hacked and there was no security breach, please rest assured knowing that your personal information is safe. jrrshop.com does not store credit card numbers, they are sent directly to the credit card processing companies and are never entered in to our site.

Unfortunately, the connection to the database was corrupted and a series of mistakes made in the attempted recovery of the database caused us to have to rebuild it from a very old backup. We have restored most customer accounts and products but are still in the process of restoring old orders. If you need us to restore the download links in your account sooner, please contact us and we will add them to your account immediately.

If you are experiencing difficulty logging in to your account, please reset your password here. We apologize for this inconvenience and are offering all customers a special 20% discount on a single software product (some exclusions apply). Please use coupon code “NewPassword” on the checkout page.

Glad they're ok, this has to be super-stressful. I only had a couple interactions with Eric but he seemed sincere and hard-working. They were generally my first stop for software. 

Data from sometime in 2018 through the crash is still incomplete. I have some download links missing from that time but can wait.

Nice reminder to make and verify redundant backups, too.

Edited by mister_tea
said "hack" but it's not a hack. Crash.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I can confirm it works, I used it for an Izotope upgrade bundle. Didn't know about the message, but grabbed the code from reddit and it does indeed only work once, so you might as well use it for a pricier purchase, if you had one planned. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mister_tea said:

Glad they're ok, this has to be super-stressful. I only had a couple interactions with Eric but he seemed sincere and hard-working. They were generally my first stop for software. 

Data from sometime in 2018 through the crash is still incomplete. I have some download links missing from that time but can wait.

Yeah I am glad they are ok and coming back up. He does seem like a good person just trying to run a business. And JRR is one of the shops I go to more.

Yeah, I got some stuff last year and this year and it's still not showing up. Problem is, I can't remember what it is!! I would have to go back through my Paypal account to see what I bought from there.

[edit] I did change my Password, just to stay on the safe side. And I am looking at getting the new IK Space Echo and maybe adding some TH-U sounds along with that to maximize my "savings!"  LOL!!

Edited by Grem

This is a really nice gesture! Public relations-wise, he could have saved his customers a lot of concern, and I'm certain himself a LOT of headaches, if he had just sent out an email to his customers!  Still, a very nice gesture and an informative note to put his customers at ease...  Thanks JRR!

NewPassword code not working for me on Izotope Neutron 3 Advanced crossgrade 

10 hours ago, fitzroy said:

I can confirm it works, I used it for an Izotope upgrade bundle. Didn't know about the message, but grabbed the code from reddit and it does indeed only work once, so you might as well use it for a pricier purchase, if you had one planned. 

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

it's possible that the 20% discount was applied by default... the upgrade to the tonal balance bundle just gives me an extra discount of just another couple dollars

Edited by Monomox

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

Bummer. I know I canceled the voucher that was added by default, and added NewPassword to make it work, maybe try that. Other than that, check with the man. In my case, the discount was definitely not applied by default (I bought something cheap from them the previous day, with the regular group/forum voucher). 

2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

I think you have to use either the "group" or "forum" code -- OR -- "the newpassword."  I'm pretty sure it was working for me when I was looking earlier - on Izotope too.

2 hours ago, fitzroy said:

I canceled the voucher that was added by default, and added NewPassword to make it work, maybe try that

How do you cancel the default voucher? I was looking to do that actually but I can't see anywhere where that can be done. Anyway the default code takes it down from $149 to $126.65, but it would be $119.20 if that 20% off code worked on it 

5 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

How do you cancel the default voucher? I was looking to do that actually but I can't see anywhere where that can be done. Anyway the default code takes it down from $149 to $126.65, but it would be $119.20 if that 20% off code worked on it 

If you apply a coupon, the 'apply' button should update to 'cancel coupon'.  Yep, $119 is what I paid for it, but I was about to pay $126 when I came across the new coupon on reddit. Still a great deal. 

Edit: great that you got it working. 

Edited by fitzroy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

This is what I saw this morning.  @ZincT -  I swear I checked that this morning too! 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Shame you cannot use any codes on Studio One Pro 5 Upgrade from Studio One Pro 4 (I tried).

JRR offered the discount initially (hence the debacle), but Uncle E said that Presonus told him to stop.

• Thanks 2