2020.08 Feedback

I have a problem with Cakewalk and a plugin (not sure if there may be a similar problem with other plugins).
I use an instrument in the VST Reason Rack, so that certain parameters communicate with CWB, I have to put it in a "combinator" where I can manage the controllers to be linked to my instrument and controlled by Cakewalk (OMG, no $&€%@" midi learn !!?).

To see clearly in the Combinator interface, I can name the rotary and the buttons, but the problem is that despite being in a window detached from Cakewalk, every time I try to type a letter, it is the CWB keyboard shortcuts that take priority over the Reason Rack, so I am manipulating the DAW in the background and therefore cannot write.

Reason Rack.jpg

Edited by lychee

9 hours ago, lychee said:

To see clearly in the Combinator interface, I can name the rotary and the buttons, but the problem is that despite being in a window detached from Cakewalk, every time I try to type a letter, it is the CWB keyboard shortcuts that take priority over the Reason Rack, so I am manipulating the DAW in the background and therefore cannot write.

A workaround to that problem is to type whatever you want in Notepad then Copy & Paste it in the field (i.e. CTRL-C/CTRL-V).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lychee said:

I have a problem with Cakewalk and a plugin (not sure if there may be a similar problem with other plugins).
I use an instrument in the VST Reason Rack, so that certain parameters communicate with CWB, I have to put it in a "combinator" where I can manage the controllers to be linked to my instrument and controlled by Cakewalk (OMG, no $&€%@" midi learn !!?).

This button at the top of the VST window gives Keyboard control to the plugin instead of CbB:

:   image.png.e2c65470a5e0b1584ab1130f4976318c.png

• Like 1

For many perhaps useless, but for me it would be VERY good to function properly: the MIDI remote control on the CW Arpeggiator (Track Inspector). Unfortunatley, Release 2020.08 has not fixed the fact that while an external controller changes for example the On/Off button of the arpeggiator (i.e. it is lit), it does NOT affect the underlying function. I can turn the arp on/off with the mouse, but not the remote controller. Other buttons or knobs work fine with remote control. I've tried different controllers. The CW forum did not have an answer. Thanks for your help!