2020.08 Feedback

I use the XTouch mini from Behringer with the AZ controller. Since the last update I have to reload the preset for my controller in the AZ controller after each start of CbB. Unfortunately it is no longer saved. I switched back to the old version of CbB and everything works as before. 

Is there a way for CbB to remember the settings again?

Just now, Spieler said:

I use the XTouch mini from Behringer with the AZ controller. Since the last update I have to reload the preset for my controller in the AZ controller after each start of CbB. Unfortunately it is no longer saved. I switched back to the old version of CbB and everything works as before. 

Is there a way for CbB to remember the settings again?

This is a known issue with 2020.08

The workaround for the moment is to go into Preferences->Control Surfaces, change one of the MIDI ports (e.g. MIDI IN) and change it back again.

Hi,

I updated Calkwalk and found that CPU load extremely increase when I use Style dial FX - MAX dial.

Using othter style dial doesn't cause same problem.

Kindly let me know if additional information required to fix.

Hi! Since the days of Sonar X1, I sometimes had problems with phase (anti-phase). I had tried to solve it by all means, which I could find, but, to date it keeps popping up from time to time. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, there is no way to remove the annoying "flanger" sound. I've figured out a way to fix it - disable/enable all sends to buss on any track, but after saving the project, when I open it again, the problem remains.
Can anyone suggest any ideas, what this phenomenon depends on and how can I avoid it?

In the GIF below I'm trying to save a copy of a project as a new project in a separate folder.  Trying to do that in the folder with the original project you can see that the new project will be in the same folder as the original project and that they will share an audio folder. However if I select the empty folder with the same name as the new project, a second folder with the same name as new project is created. I don't think this problem is associated with this update. I think it's been around for a while.

Am I doing something wrong?

HfYyb6y.gif

20 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

In the GIF below I'm trying to save a copy of a project as a new project in a separate folder.  Trying to do that in the folder with the original project you can see that the new project will be in the same folder as the original project and that they will share an audio folder. However if I select the empty folder with the same name as the new project, a second folder with the same name as new project is created. I don't think this problem is associated with this update. I think it's been around for a while.

Am I doing something wrong?

As Kevin mentioned, this issue has been previously reported and is in our queue to fix as resources allow.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

As Kevin mentioned, this issue has been previously reported and is in our queue to fix as resources allow.

Thanks. No problem I can live with it.

In my trial and error process I also ended up with some really strange audio file names. I'd changed the the source project folder name and the original source file name (before I changed it) was prefixed to all audio files. Not sure if it's a related problem or not.

26 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

Thanks. No problem I can live with it.

In my trial and error process I also ended up with some really strange audio file names. I'd changed the the source project folder name and the original source file name (before I changed it) was prefixed to all audio files. Not sure if it's a related problem or not.

If you go to create a new project folder, it'll use new paths. So for instance, if you did save as, then pointed the whole project directory to go to a new folder on your desktop, it'll move everything accordingly there. The issue is just related to manually editing the audio path names separately within the Save As dialog. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

If you go to create a new project folder, it'll use new paths.

Many times I don't need to create a new project folder, the "Save Copy As" process creates a folder with the the project's name and places the project cwb and Audio folder in it. Audio files are prefixed with the new project name.

I actually have a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Shft + S) for "Save Copy As." Though I didn't say so, that's what I was using in the GIF in my OP.

Unlike my experience documented in the OP GIF, the "Save Copy As" process just worked like a charm for me. So for now, I'm happy, but I'm pretty sure that there are some glitches in there somewhere.

I use project folders and nest folders in that folder for recording, and mixing iterations. I know it's redundant but I tick "Copy all audio with project" for each of the mixes. 

To test, I sat up a new project folder in that format and saved a copy of the "recording" project which is in it's own folder to as the "mix-1" project in it's own folder. So worked like a charm. So I'm happy and will write of what happened in my OP to operator error. However, I've had enough strange things happen when using (what I think is) this procedure. So when I run into another anomaly, I'll submit a new GIF.

54 minutes ago, Xel Ohh said:

I have been having issues with the arranger when trying to click the down arrow to export the arrangement I have made. It does not open the drop down menu its like the button isnt there this happen if I make a beat from start to finish the try to export ...I like to export the arrangement before I commit so I can play it through and have different Ideas before the final mix but it will not let me do this anymore with the new 2020.08 build unless I close cakewalk and pull the project up again then I can use the drop down arrow and export the arrangement. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue it seems to be a bug in the build. Just wanted to inform you guys of what I found.

This is a bug that I get when trying to export from the arranger didnt know I should have posted it here...

• Thanks 1

Latest Version 2020.08.

Just downloaded and updated my version of Cakewalk to 2020.08. Disaster! GUI loads OK as usual. I load my project and the  hourglass icon stays on screen and whole program freezes.

I am running on 64 bit Windows 10. 2004 the latest level of Windows. My machine is newly built with a Ryzen 9 CPU on an ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Gaming motherboard with 128GB RAM and 2x 1TB Sabrent PCIE 4.0 x4 SATA SSD's. As well as several 1TB conventional SATA drives.

Any ideas please?

Regards

John

48 minutes ago, jghford@gmail.com said:

Latest Version 2020.08.

Just downloaded and updated my version of Cakewalk to 2020.08. Disaster! GUI loads OK as usual. I load my project and the  hourglass icon stays on screen and whole program freezes.

I have no clue what could be the cause. However, once in a while my pc shows this kind of behaviour and in those cases so far it appeared to be a new Windows update that was waiting for a restart. Once restarted the problem is gone. 
Maybe this helps.
BTW did you check that all your drivers are the latest versions? 
More info about the hardware and software and the kind of project might also give more clues

Edited by Teegarden

1 hour ago, jghford@gmail.com said:

Latest Version 2020.08.

I am running on 64 bit Windows 10. 2004 the latest level of Windows. My machine is newly built with a Ryzen 9 CPU on an ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Gaming motherboard with 128GB RAM and 2x 1TB Sabrent PCIE 4.0 x4 SATA SSD's. As well as several 1TB conventional SATA drives.

Any ideas please?

Regards

John

If you run the 2020.05 rollback installer do you still see the freezes? 

23 minutes ago, jghford@gmail.com said:

Stupidly forgot to plug in my Scarlet 2i2

Sympathies, we all have days like that.

Moments like, why can I not hear anything two hours later having checked every possible thing on your PC you discover you have not turned on your active monitors?

• Like 1