2020.08 Feedback

Cool update and love the changes and new plugins. There is one fix though that was listed in the Misc bug fixes that doesn't work however:

• Cakewalk includes FX Chain presets that reference non-included plug-ins

This still happens. It still lists z3ta+_fx preset, Advanced Shaper with missing TS64_TransientShaper_64 plugin, Automate Me preset missing BT Limiter LM2S-3 plugin,....etc.

I am new to Cakewalk so I don't have old Sonar plugins.

• Like 1

Yay! No more sticky-selects in the PRV! Thank you! Works so much smoother now!

MODO Bass also now works perfectly as well so thank you for that too!

Unfortunately, quick-group latch automation still does not work properly, resulting in overwrite behavior rather than latch behavior until reopening the project. This bug has existed for years so I can't imagine that nobody else has reported it.

Edited by Craig Reeves

58 minutes ago, Craig Reeves said:

Yay! No more sticky-selects in the PRV! Thank you! Works so much smoother now!

MODO Bass also now works perfectly as well so thank you for that too!

Unfortunately, quick-group latch automation still does not work properly, resulting in overwrite behavior rather than latch behavior until reopening the project. This bug has existed for years so I can't imagine that nobody else has reported it.

A big can exist forever if it's not reported. Things don't get fixed automatically. I have never heard of this one. Please write up a proper description and recipe for it as a separate post and we can look at it for a future release.

1 hour ago, Hillmy said:

Cool update and love the changes and new plugins. There is one fix though that was listed in the Misc bug fixes that doesn't work however:

• Cakewalk includes FX Chain presets that reference non-included plug-ins

This still happens. It still lists z3ta+_fx preset, Advanced Shaper with missing TS64_TransientShaper_64 plugin, Automate Me preset missing BT Limiter LM2S-3 plugin,....etc.

I am new to Cakewalk so I don't have old Sonar plugins.

The changes we made affects new installs. If you previously had the preset it won't get automatically removed since the installer never removes existing presets.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

The changes we made affects new installs. If you previously had the preset it won't get automatically removed since the installer never removes existing presets.

If someone started with the first release of Cakewalk by BandLab, in other words does not have a previous install of any Sonar product, and applied every update will 2020.08 consider that a new install or might there be existing presets that reference non-included plug-ins?

Edited by Jim Fogle

3 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

If someone started with the first release of Cakewalk by BandLab, in other words does not have a previous install of any Sonar product, and applied every update is that a new install or might it have existing presets that reference non-included plug-ins?

The way I understood him: Any install from this point forward wont have presets with non-included plugins. Anything before will. Or if you do a clean install it will not have old presets. So I am just going to have to delete the outdated presets manually 😛

Edited by Hillmy
  • Like 1

After I installed 2020.08 I lost the ability to authorize PSP Mix Pack 2 series.  Don't know if it is related or not.

Edit->

I tried with JBridge and BitBridge, No different. Sent email to PSP.

Edited by Max Arwood
added info

Hi, i have problems with the installation. With the bandlab assistant the percentage display runs up to 100%, then flashes Installing..., but nothing happens. Not even after 10 minutes. Otherwise the installation was finished after one minute. (German version). The old 2020.05 still works.

2 hours ago, Harry C. said:

Hi, i have problems with the installation. With the bandlab assistant the percentage display runs up to 100%, then flashes Installing..., but nothing happens. Not even after 10 minutes. Otherwise the installation was finished after one minute. (German version). The old 2020.05 still works.

I had the same problem. I restarted Windows and then started Bandlap Assistent as the very first App. The Insatallation finished quickly as expected (German Version, too)

10 hours ago, Hillmy said:

The way I understood him: Any install from this point forward wont have presets with non-included plugins. Anything before will. Or if you do a clean install it will not have old presets. So I am just going to have to delete the outdated presets manually 😛

Correct since we have no idea whether this is a user edited preset or not, we can't remove them. Only a fresh install will have the new presets. The other alternative is to manually delete the presets from the registry and rerun CbB while holding CTRL key down, then tell it to personalize. That should recopy the factory presets. I've not tested this mechanism. 

That said many of the previous presets should work now since we added several plugins that were utilized by them.

When I started recording directly, the delay processing of the plug-in was not performed and the MIDI input timing did not match the sound.

When the playback mode is switched to the recording mode, it will synchronize.
Did the processing procedure change?

The plug-in is out of sync from Early Access.

12 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

A bug can exist forever if it's not reported. Things don't get fixed automatically. I have never heard of this one. Please write up a proper description and recipe for it as a separate post and we can look at it for a future release.

Thank you so much for your response, Noel!

I've created a separate post with instructions on how to reproduce. You can find it here:

• Thanks 1