2020.08 Feature Overview

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Being a software developer myself, I can't help but try to figure out what might be the problem. I just like puzzles I guess. 🙂

I tried analyzing this to see what could be the difference between our working install and those that do not show the plugins. Of course I have little to go on to do detective work, but still.

The difference I see from my install, and I presume Jonathan's, and those of Patrick and Milton is the language Windows is installed in. Ours is English (although I am a French speaking Canadian I always have used Windows in English), theirs is not. Although we should be tempted to say "it shouldn't make a difference", I have learned in almost 40 years of software development that this kind of statement is only true until we figure out what the problem is.

Maybe something to investigate...

Actually, valid point, the files aren't being installed because the original FX installer did not have a provision for Portuguese or Russian.

@Milton Sica and @Patrick Wichrowski, safe assumption your installs are Portuguese?

We'll update this for BA shortly, but you can go ahead and grab this 2020.08 Update Installer. You can run it on top of your existing 2020.08 installation. I verified the problem and fix on my end, but please confirm. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

Actually, valid point, the files aren't being installed because the original FX installer did not have a provision for Portuguese or Russian.

@Milton Sica and @Patrick Wichrowski, safe assumption your installs are Portuguese?

We'll update this for BA shortly, but you can go ahead and grab this 2020.08 Update Installer. You can run it on top of your existing 2020.08 installation. I verified the problem and fix on my end, but please confirm. Thanks!

Yes, Portuguese install.

and

Wow, problem solved :D

Thanks thanks thanks ;)

118912450_CakewalkClassicFXworking.jpg.46eaf4cc9111bf3ba6776cff0e75a821.jpg

• Like 4