How would I do this with a windsynth?

Nick Rosaci

So I'm trying to do something exactly like this:

I'd love to use this technique to do a decent performance of the Bach Cello Suites and still be able to play some of the extremely difficult/impossible phrases by having them programmed in.  Note how he just moves one finger up and down and it moves on to the next note.  So the notes are pre-programmed, and he's just dictating the rhythm, phrasing, breath, volume, articulation, etc.

What tool could be used for this?

21 hours ago, Nick Rosaci said:

So I'm trying to do something exactly like this:

I'd love to use this technique to do a decent performance of the Bach Cello Suites and still be able to play some of the extremely difficult/impossible phrases by having them programmed in.  Note how he just moves one finger up and down and it moves on to the next note.  So the notes are pre-programmed, and he's just dictating the rhythm, phrasing, breath, volume, articulation, etc.

What tool could be used for this?

If you play keyboard (or guitar probably also, maybe to a bit lesser extent), you might be able to do whatever you want with the TEControl MIDI Breath and Bite Controller 2.

I think it comes the closest to what you can achieve regarding realistic virtual instruments. All imaginable controllers van be allocated the way you want (as far as I understood) and it sounds highly expressive. Ramiro Gómez Massetti has a YouTube channel with many examples on how to use this controller to create string ensembles for example. There are also other YouTube channels with videos where this controller is linked to an electrical guitar to play sax or trumpet for instance. Probably best results with virtual instruments like the ones from Audio Modeling or Sample Modeling.

Edited by Teegarden