Organize clips in take lanes?

jono grant

Hi Jono, I'm not sure what you mean by organize the clips, if you mean move them from one lane to another you can do that with take lanes (Shift+Drag).  If you mean edit them individually, ie. slip edit, crossfade, fade ins and outs, you can do that by either holding down the Shift key while performing the edit or by choosing the edit tool.  I'm pretty sure whatever could be done with Track Layers can be done with Take Lanes.  Sorry if I'm not understanding your question correctly, if not could you please elaborate?  Cheers.

Sorry, I mean organize like in Sonar, you could click "remove empty layers" and it would remove redundant layers, put clips at the top and just clean it all up in one click.

I don't see anything that does this, it can become quite a mess and it's tricky to get in there and do each clip one at a time to organize them better.  

J

You can remove empty take lanes by right clicking the 'Parent' Clip and choosing 'Remove Empty Take Lanes'.  You also can define how Take Lanes are created

390712987_RecordingModes.thumb.PNG.91d043be64fc92c3da854cd4ae68baa1.PNG

If I remember correctly there was a feature in Sonar 8.5 where you could rebuild layers, I think this would delete empty layers and then consolidate and reorder?  I guess with CbB you would have to manually move them, however if you choose 'Reuse Existing Lane, Unless Takes Overlap' this would probably help to tidy things up in the first place.  Would be nice to have a 'Rebuild Takes' button though.  Cheers. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...