Tubular Bells

brandon

I have been scouring the internet for a single bell (wav) sound  -the tolling type that appears on some classic rock tunes. All to no avail.  I believe that the nearest i will get to it is a sample of a tubular bell. But the ones i have come across sound synthesised. Does anyone know of any or even has a sample of a single bell preferably in the key of B (but not absolutely necessary) with a  2 to 3 second tail?

Thanks in advance

Minor footnote: To my ear, part of the unique character of orchestral tubular bells is the varied harmonics of each tube of metal.  You might want to look for a multisample rather than a single sample--unless you are just looking for a specific B.

Hmmmmm.  I was curious to see if there were specific Bs out there; so I Googled Tubular Bells (samples) and found this site - No Bs that I could see, but there are some Cs; not sure what octave you need.

20 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Minor footnote: To my ear, part of the unique character of orchestral tubular bells is the varied harmonics of each tube of metal.  You might want to look for a multisample rather than a single sample--unless you are just looking for a specific B.

Hmmmmm.  I was curious to see if there were specific Bs out there; so I Googled Tubular Bells (samples) and found this site - No Bs that I could see, but there are some Cs; not sure what octave you need.

Thank you - I think  I checked that I may  have visited that site as the samples all seem to be synthesised. 

54 minutes ago, brandon said:

Thank you - I think  I checked that I may  have visited that site as the samples all seem to be synthesised. 

I was under the impression that the E-Mu files were from a ROMpler, but originated with bona fide E-Mu samples.  I assume actual underlying samples may have been tweaked so they can be altered by the Proteus synth engine  

However, if they are not what you imagine in your mind's ear, it makes little difference what the source is.  Also, the suggestion to look for a multisample might not be a good one.  I looked at a Tubular Bells preset I have.  It seems to have only two samples--a D4 and a G6. So all the notes below D4 are just pitched down.

Edited by User 905133
to add details about the two samples I referenced.

11 hours ago, brandon said:

I have been scouring the internet for a single bell (wav) sound  -the tolling type that appears on some classic rock tunes. All to no avail.  I believe that the nearest i will get to it is a sample of a tubular bell. But the ones i have come across sound synthesised. Does anyone know of any or even has a sample of a single bell preferably in the key of B (but not absolutely necessary) with a  2 to 3 second tail?

Thanks in advance

I found one in SampleTank 4, and it is listed as a FM tubular bell tone.

You might try searching FM synth resources for other options, as in the free DX-7 carts, playable in the freeware Dexed synth.

10 hours ago, abacab said:

I found one in SampleTank 4, and it is listed as a FM tubular bell tone.

You might try searching FM synth resources for other options, as in the free DX-7 carts, playable in the freeware Dexed synth.

Thank you.

I also came across this site which has thousands of free samples of just about most things.

https://www.looperman.com/