Lots of noise during autosave?

Nick Rosaci

On 8/5/2020 at 9:55 AM, Nick Rosaci said:

Anyone having every note on every virtual instrument hit when autosave goes to work?  I have autosave set for every five minutes, and it causes me to practically jump every five minutes.

I could turn off autosave, but that's playing with fire.

I never use Autosave. Just keybinding the letter s to save and press 'S' often. After a session, it becomes 2nd nature to press 'S' every other edit or so.

19 hours ago, CJ Jacobson said:

I never use Autosave. Just keybinding the letter s to save and press 'S' often. After a session, it becomes 2nd nature to press 'S' every other edit or so.

You'd think that, but I really am that forgetful.  I've lost many jobs by thinking I could go this route.  My music notation software sets to autosave every five minutes, but as long as I'm not doing some very strange notation when autosave starts, it's fine there; and I do save after every page.  On a DAW, there's no feeling of a decent "stopping point" to remember to hit CTRL+S.

But, two points to that:

1.) If there is no other solution, I'll probably try this again.

2.) I just downloaded the update, and haven't heard it.  But I've been working with audio files the last few days, and this probably only happens with a number of instruments loaded.