How to add new plug-in without rescanning?

micv

Cakewalk will only re-scan a plugin if thinks the file has changed.

Have you got a virus scanner, or cloud sync app scanning that plugin directory? It sounds like something may be changing some file attributes. It may be worth making sure your plugin directories are excluded from any scans.

10 hours ago, micv said:

unchecked the "re-scan existing plug-ins" but it still does a full re-scan. Is there a way to scan just the new plug-in?

You can define the folders it sans in the preference menu.

Just insert he folder location you added the plugin to and delete the rest and it ill only scan hat folder location.

@msmcleod.  It's good to know that it's not supposed to re-scan.  I check to see if files' attribute changed.

8 hours ago, CJ Jacobson said:

Just insert he folder location you added the plugin to and delete the rest and it ill only scan hat folder location.

But then other plug-ins are no longer in there.  And that's is the issue I'm having, it re-scans every folders I have defined.

Both "rescan" options in preferences should be turned off. Not just the rescan for existing plug-ins. The image in the link shows the default scan options. Are yours different? If so, how? Does the scan toast actually show the plug-ins begin scanned? That is not normal. With the rescan options turned off, plug-ins should be scanned once.

I have it on manual scan, and upon adding new plugs I hit the "Scan vst plug-ins" button.  Yes it does show re-scanning existing plugs

Now knowing how it should work, I will run some test and observe it carefully.  I have too many plugs so I didn't observe exactly if all was re-scan or a few folders.