Eagle and goose - short video

bjornpdx

I took these photos about ten years ago at the Tualatin River Natl Wildlife Refuge.  It shows a Bald eagle hunting a Canada goose and the inevitable result.
I made a very short slide show from the images and wrote the background music. This segment was part of a 20 minute DVD I made for the Refuge visitor center store featuring several photographers' images and music I created in Cakewalk. The photos here aren't all that great because of the distance and the tall grass obscuring the scene.

I've seen bald eagles snatch ducks and fish from waterways and fly off. In this video the eagle stands on the goose for a while and drowns it. Nature isn't kind nor is it cruel. It's just the way it works.

• Like 1

Great video Bjorn.  The video really captures the moment and your music perfectly fits the video.  It is not loud and ominous sounding but almost soft.  To me that better fits the matter of factness (that's probably not a word) of nature.  I agree with you - it is just the way it its (however, I must admit I was pulling for the goose).  I had a professor (a population ecologist) who would always state "... nature doesn't care about individuals but only populations."

Impressive work!!!

• Like 1