Where are all the Themes?

Adam Compeau

Some of the module words and icons were quite blurry originally as well as the collapse arrows and squares and other icons...I made these at least more clear.

I added the darker Pro  Channels .

I still have a couple of things to do like work on the small version of the Export module.  

AC Dark Aqua 2.png

Excellent attention to detail in your updating efforts!!

25 minutes ago, Adam Compeau said:

Some of the module words and icons were quite blurry originally as well as the collapse arrows and squares and other icons...

And thanks for mentioning the blurriness issue--I wasn't sure if it was my eyesight or my PC when I posted this:

On 8/5/2020 at 9:41 PM, User 905133 said:

image.png.d1e5f4cafa4b5de7b05b4e446762dc3b.png

Edited by User 905133

Input Echo off state was ambiguous , so I made it darker.

The Note Duration icons were the generic  ones so I used the beautiful M-New Gen ones.

I cleaned up a few things.  I will share this Mod in a new post?

Can I attach the Theme file in  a post or do I have to drop box it or something?

7 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Excellent attention to detail in your updating efforts!!

And thanks for mentioning the blurriness issue--I wasn't sure if it was my eyesight or my PC when I posted this:

Several elements look like the creator might have used paint bucket on several things that splattered the color around a little much...

Fixing some more ambiguous buttons, etc., including the global enable button...on and off almost look the same.

FX Bypass, Post/Pre button, etc. all need work.  Getting it done..  🙂  ...automation read button...

Worth it for me to get it in proper working order...

Edited by Adam Compeau
  • Like 1

Lots of updating to this them beyond just fixing it for  2020.04 because many of the buttons had very little discernible difference between pressed and not pressed.

I also darkened a couple of things like the Pro Channel.  I used the marvelous M-New Gen Notes Note Duration icons as stated above and cleaned up a lot..

I am a typical guy who does not read many directions, so I did this by just diving in..noticing the search button in the Editor way late in the process!  Lol

Anyway, it seems to work and make pretty good sense to me.

Since I did not follow careful directions, I am sure I could have missed something, but be gentle, I am fragile... :'-(     😜

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jbzjzcpkotymzup/AC_DarkAqua.sth/file

I will make a separate post when I get back in a few...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 4:22 PM, User 905133 said:

I think its great that you have taken this on. I can imagine the steps in this discussion might help others who want to rescue other old themes that have previously been shared by their original designers.

This for sure.

The threads where Adam is finding his way around this stuff make for fascinating reading. He goes from "where do I find the Theme Editor" to 4 variations on an old theme that go way beyond "update" and land in "inspired by."   4 variations is @Matthew White territory! And in the space of weeks (is this a lockdown benefit?).

I've always loved the look of the Green Glow/Dark Aqua themes, but couldn't use them because of lack of contrast between OFF and ON states on the toggle buttons.

He's a fast learner, to say the least, and ego-free when it comes to accepting help and suggestions. Not surprising that the end product is so good.

I was musing that excerpts might make a good addition to the appendices in @Colin Nicholls The Young Lady's Guide. Not just for how to update a SONAR theme, but how to get started.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...