Where are all the Themes?

Adam Compeau

Themes made before CbB 2020.04 will have display issues. Also, they likely have with some colors and images not modified based on the theme.

Aside from a couple mentioned on this page, search this section of the forum for titles with the keyword "updated" and there should be quite a few threads containing links to themes updated for 2020.04.

If you like an old theme, you could bring it current using the Cakewalk Theme editor.

14 hours ago, Adam Compeau said:

When I search Google I see pictures of pretty cool themes that I do not see on this page.

One of which is think is called Dark Aqua.

Even if I find older ones, will they be compatible to the newest Cakewalk?

Thanks!

As mentioned, theme would need to be updated.

One of my favorite themes was one that had not been updated so I made some updates and then also customized it further to integrate both my own ideas and those I picked up from other themes.  

A theme like the one you mentioned - with all the colors of text and buttons being the same, seems like it would be really difficult to actually want to work with.  But everyone has different taste and aesthetics.  

23 hours ago, Adam Compeau said:

When I search Google I see pictures of pretty cool themes that I do not see on this page.

One of which is think is called Dark Aqua.

Even if I find older ones, will they be compatible to the newest Cakewalk?

Thanks!

Just a footnote since you seem happy with your current theme, but it looks like I downloaded Dark Aqua on 2020-07-10--less than a month ago.  I moved it from my download folder into Themes and took a look.  It does not work well with my eyesight (mostly neon blue against solid black), but it looks like it does not have the tweaks needed (assuming 2020.07 EA has the same theme elements as 2020.05).

image.png.d1e5f4cafa4b5de7b05b4e446762dc3b.png

Edited by User 905133

41 minutes ago, Adam Compeau said:

My eyes for some reason do well with this  kind of contrast, at least from what I know so far...hmm...

Could you attach it here for my entertainment. 🙂

I know what you mean about some color combinations working for some people better than others.  To me, flexibility and customizability are two of Cakewalk's huge "selling points."  

I was led to that theme (and others) from this thread. Hope it helps.

18 minutes ago, Adam Compeau said:

What are the elements missing, do you know?

I am only aware of some recent changes based on discussions in the current forum; not sure of earlier changes.  I will look for links to some relevant discussions.  See post immediately below.  Also, I think Colin Nicholls has updated his themes guide; that might be helpful as well.

Edited by User 905133
to take into account information posted below

these are the updates needed for 2020.04

also looking at the theme image posted

• the cross fade and ripple edit indicators images below the punch recording module
  • the duplicate track image below the track view view menu
  • the notes image in the browser
  • the export module

I am pretty sure there are images in the PRV and possibly other views as well that need updates.

It's pretty easy to see which images need updates in a dark theme because the default images come from mercury, a theme with a light background.

• Thanks 1

I'm getting it down kind of...Comparing and copying from other  up to date themes is the key and then re-coloring of course...

Getting close on this one...I'm posting in the old thread that was shared also about old themes, but just wanted to let y'all know that I am getting there...

AC Aqua.png

• Like 1

Making good progress.

I hope you found the modified filter on the Views tab in the theme editor.

It helps when looking for changes.

Themes are a collection of differences from Mercury, the "theme" in the program resource files.

Looking at the mods in Tungsten gives you an idea of what needs to change when creating a dark theme.