Is It Possible To Downlaod Earlier Versions Of CbB?

mdiemer

I haven't experienced any issues at all with Windows 10 since migrating from 7 several years ago despite all the naysayers saying it was a disaster. Cakewalk by BandLab runs perfectly with it, as does my old VS-100, possibly due to me not tinkering with anything. Always online and only using Microsoft inbuilt AV. Nothing to worry about.

IMG_0060.JPG

3 hours ago, whistlekiller said:

I haven't experienced any issues at all with Windows 10 since migrating from 7 several years ago despite all the naysayers saying it was a disaster. Cakewalk by BandLab runs perfectly with it, as does my old VS-100, possibly due to me not tinkering with anything. Always online and only using Microsoft inbuilt AV. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks, but I don't care if CbB works flawlessly on Windows 10. I don't want to use Windows 10, I want to use Windows 7. I know about newer hardware, software drivers etc. I still plan on using Windows 7. So, my question remains, can I download an earlier version of CbB? 

IMG_0060.JPG

Edited by mdiemer

5 hours ago, Phil Balliet said:

I'm going to say at least for now it is not likely at all. If anything you'd need an older version of Sonar altogether, or you can try Reaper. It probably works flawlessly on W7. I'm a W10 user myself. 

Thanks, but can I download an earlier version of CbB? That's the question.

Edited by mdiemer

I've got a dual boot with W7 / W10, and FWIW I find W7 just as stable as W10 using CbB. 

In fact, in many ways it's quicker: plugin scans are 3-4 times quicker & GUI updates are more snappier. Audio performance is no different (as expected).

You can't download older versions of CbB, but you can make a copy of C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core, then run Cakewalk.exe from within that folder  e.g.:

programfiles.png

I seriously doubt that previous versions of CbB will be any different though. CbB has been getting more stable as each new version comes out.

7 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I've got a dual boot with W7 / W10, and FWIW I find W7 just as stable as W10 using CbB. 

In fact, in many ways it's quicker: plugin scans are 3-4 times quicker & GUI updates are more snappier. Audio performance is no different (as expected).

You can't download older versions of CbB, but you can make a copy of C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core, then run Cakewalk.exe from within that folder  e.g.:

programfiles.png

I seriously doubt that previous versions of CbB will be any different though. CbB has been getting more stable as each new version comes out.

Thanks, I did experience some "gremlins" after the latest update. My plan is to restore my system to one of the images I've made, if need be. Which would have earlier versions.  So far, things have settled down. Although I still can't use TTS-1. I will stay with CbB as long as I can, which will hopefully be forever. No other DAW comes close for me in terms of the workflow. If worse comes to worst, I have Sonar 8.5 to fall back on, forever if necessary, as I have installation disks. Plus, I left it installed, and it's on all the images as well.

This is the same as another thread. 

Answer is YES you could have saved any of the older exicutables if you knew how and had done this. I think I have a few that I saved still.  But I doubt if this is the solution if you are having issues.  As said you would have to go all the way back to the 2017 versions. 

CbB was based on 2017 Sonar and the features it came with are like  Platinium with only a few 3rd party VST's missing.  

Most of the updates have been for stability and  W10 users.  

I have the most up to date version running on both W10 and W7.  The W10 computer never crashes, The W7  one does from time to time.  The version of SPlat from  last year also crashed from time to time on both W7 and W10.  I am just happy they solved that one little issue. I don't expect it to be solved for W7 so I just put up with it.  And there's no benifit I can see to rolling back as I really doubt that would help. 

It's just my mobile laptop system so not critical. If I had the money I would just buy W10 for it but I have better things to spend money on.  W7 is going to be hard to run pretty soon. Even were I work, a large Health Care Authority with probably 10,000 +machines they are upgrading next year.   

Up until this time last year you could upgrade by using this 

From a Windows 7 or 8.1 device, go to the webpage entitled "Windows 10 free upgrade for customers who use assistive technologies." Click on theUpgrade now button. Run the executable file to install the upgrade.  But I tried it in Febuary and it didn't work. 

You can always ask by using the Chat feature. 

I was thinking about it for this Laptop someone gave me which originally had W8.0. I had to install my crack of W7 to get it working again,, original OS drive was pooched.   It certainly sucks to have to pay for something everyone else got free.