Another new Eventide Plug - ShimmerVerb

simon

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/reverb/reverb/shimmerverb

as regular as clockwork (see what I did there!) - yet another plug from Eventide

Seems like they are churning out these H9 plugins - none of them are particularly spectacular and I suspect they are quite the cash cow for Eventide....

anyway - everyplugin is cheapest as usual

http://everyplugin.com/shimmerverb.html

I'm gonna take the plunge but I'm starting to think that these H9 plugs don't represent great value even at the introductory discount level...just my 2c obviously

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Looking into my crystal ball..
At some point after Eventide has produced a dozen or more of these they will introduce the H9 Native that contains all of these modules as presets.
I can see the marketing now... 
Over $1000 worth of effects and plugins for only $399* - the H9 Native!  A virtual H9 for your DAW! 
*Intro price MSRP $699 

No inside information or illegal pharmaceuticals were used in this bit of fortune telling just common sense and an observation on marketing trends.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I love what they did with the GUI this time around. Very unique 🤣

Are they deliberately trying to be retro? Has it been long enough that plug-ins can be retro to earlier plug-in UI design? 'Cause these things are partying like it's 1999.

Those knurled knobs hurt my cursor, and the glare from the shiny pushbuttons hurts my eyes after a while. But I am happy for the giant segmented LCD "SHIMMERVERB" because sometimes I forget what plug-in I'm using.

The demo does sound pretty frickin' great, though....as a handy, inexpensive way to get some classic Eventide algorithms, more power to 'em.

• Like 1

Seeing how you can get it from everyplugin for $32.74, only $1.54 extra, I would keep that newpassword code for something else you might want like upgrading Melodyne or something that will save you a bit more, if there is such a thing for you, but that's just me.

Edited by ensconced
  • Like 2

I have loved Eventide hardware since the 80's, even though it was out of my price range back then. Today I would have every Eventide software product, if not for my no-iLok policy. If anyone else is similarly put off by the iLok requirement, tritik's new Irid isn't as pretty but has a nearly identical feature set and (to my ears) a very similar sound.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:21 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Are they deliberately trying to be retro? Has it been long enough that plug-ins can be retro to earlier plug-in UI design? 'Cause these things are partying like it's 1999.

I've posted this before; this plugins are ports of the "factor" series of pedals. The H9 is posterior and was a way to pack this algorithms in a more compact and affordable way (although the H9 has a few exclusive algorithms also).