Slate Digital Steven Slate Drums 5-Deal

Jesse Bruce

The sounds are great but for me the player has been the issue, I think I even preferred it when it was a Kontakt instrument.  If fact I was considering reinstalling the Kontakt version now I have some free disc space,  if I can find my backup discs.  I had hoped version 5 would address some of my dislike of version 4 but the free version has not convinced me.

That said this is a very good price for some excellent sounding drums.

Edited by Vernon Barnes
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

how does this compare to NI Abbey Road or Drumlab?

You get a lot more for your money to be sure. 

Drumlab is a bit of a specialty really if you want to create hybrid sounds so i would not say Slate compared in concept.  The Abbey Road drums are probably on a par sound wise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vernon Barnes said:

You get a lot more for your money to be sure. 

Drumlab is a bit of a specialty really if you want to create hybrid sounds so i would not say Slate compared in concept.  The Abbey Road drums are probably on a par sound wise.

Thanks. I got used to the Abbey Roads kits and the mixer and being able to separate different drums to different midi channels. I never tried SS Drums but always heard good things about it.

26 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

The sounds are great but for me the player has been the issue, I think I even preferred it when it was a Kontakt instrument.  If fact I was considering reinstalling the Kontakt version now I have some free disc space,  if I can find my backup discs.  I had hoped version 5 would address some of my dislike of version 4 but the free version has not convinced me.

That said this is a very good price for some excellent sounding drums.

I lost my original install disks for Slate Drums in Konakt somewhere around buying the first version of native SSD. 😞 

$99 was a mistake. It was listed as $49 in other places, such as Plugin Fox, but now it's listed as $99

https://pluginfox.co/products/steven-slate-drums-5

EDIT: it's still $49 at Thomann, so who knows

EDIT 2: $49 at Best Service

maybe it's a mistake but the European people went to bed and didn't realize? We'll see tomorrow. 

Edited by Monomox

On 8/4/2020 at 3:34 PM, LasWaltz said:

50EUR with VAT. I fell for it. Even if not sure what's going to top over EZ...

Just in case. Slate crew solved it for me.

Playing around. Not blown away by the concept, but it sounds really nice and dynamic in a first try

On 8/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, Monomox said:

my reason not to be interested in this is simpler, i just don't like the bro vibes from that dude, LOL

FYI: Steven does not arrive at your door to install or use the product.