How would I do this with a windsynth?

Nick Rosaci

Question

Hey guys, my first time posting here!

Been a casual Cakewalk user since around '05.  I mostly use it for audio recording/editing, and have a working knowledge of the MIDI/instrument vst side.

So I'm trying to do something exactly like this:

I'd love to use this technique to do a decent performance of the Bach Cello Suites without having to omit double/triple stops, and the solution is ending up, so far, as learning to use MidiChords.  Problem is, I can't figure out how to output the instrument VST to a sound.  My steps:

Created an instrument track (input echo is selected)

Made a secondary MIDI track

Set the input on the MIDI track for synth to the plug-in and enable input echo.

Here's where I'm confused.  If the output to the MIDI channel is set to MidiChords and MidiChords is an instrument (and therefore has an audio output), how do I route a sound into it?  The MIDI information is triggering, I just don't know how to patch a sound to it.

Thanks!

Actually, here are some follow-up questions:

1.) Is MidiChords the right plugin to do the "cheating" of just wiggling a finger and getting the right sequence of notes to happen, regardless of the fingering?
2.) Would this work for, say, a triple-stop where the top note is trilling, then move right into a single-note line again?

The Bach suites would be perfect practice for a toolset like this, but these are some pretty intricate and complicated hurdles to jump over.

Edited by Nick Rosaci

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet